_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard 1/48 IL-2 Shturmovik
Tyronesdaddy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 03:58 AM UTC
Here is the Eduard IL-2. The kit has the early straight wings, so I had to fill in most of the panel lines outboard of the landing gear sponsons since the wings were made of wood. I also replaced the guns with minimeca tube and added Quickboost hollowed out exhast stacks. The decals are from the kit.

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 04:33 AM UTC
Very nice Bill!!

That tractor green hurts in the eyes

cheers

Steffen

BTW I've added a drawing re your Il-10 problem in that thread yesterday
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 07:25 AM UTC
I've had this kit in my stash for 3 or 4 years Bill and have been waiting to build it but never get around to it. You've done a beautiful job all around. I don't much care for the green and black camo option as seen in the instruction manual but seeing it here as you've done it I'm changing my mind. The soft blended edges of the black really make a big difference. The weathering and wash you've done also brings out the few fine details this kit has and you've done a gret job at it. Decals also look well done with no silvering.
Nothing more to add. It's a beautiful finished kit and it looks as though you've done all the right things to bring out the best in it. Great job!

Hermon
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 01:29 PM UTC
Bill:
That is a really nice IL2. I like the tractor green, reminds me of my John Deere

If you get a chance, It would be great to have photos of the underneath.

Taylor
Tyronesdaddy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 - 06:11 AM UTC
Thanks for all the kind words. The green is actually AMT4. It looks too bright because of the florescent lights. I will try to get a pic of the underside in a day or two.
 _GOTOTOP