_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: Germany
Aircraft of Germany in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Feed chutes and MG FF cannon for a 1:72 Ju88?
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 - 05:29 AM UTC
Hello,

Having recently purchased Hasegawa's Finnish air force boxing of their Junkers Ju88A-4, I'm finding myself once again slipping from the "this one's gonna be kinda-mostly-straight-from-the-box kind of relaxing build" idea I've had for several kits before.
Well, here we go again...
I already got new decals and Eduard's interior PE set for it, and I'm looking forward for some resin to replace the MGs and autocannon.
This brings me to the questions I had:

1)Does any manufacturer make rifle calibre ammo feed chutes?
While the Eduard PE set includes sights, ammo containers and ammo belts for the machine guns, it's surprisingly lacking the prominent ammo feed chutes.
Any ideas where I could get such things?

There's feed chutes for heavier calibres out there (I even have some .50 cal chutes in my stash), but those would look grossly out of scale here.

2) Picking between two brands for the MG FF cannon
As Hasegawa only supplies the the part of the cannon that protrudes from the fuselage instead of a complete weapon, I think here's another chance of improvement. I did a few quick searches and found two manufacturers with an MG FF in their catalogues: Aires and BP Resin.
Which one would you go for?
Aires and their usual high quality I'm familiar with from before, but BP Resin I haven't heard of before.

Thanks in advance.
 _GOTOTOP