_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Any CH-37 Mojave kits and Anigrand question?
djhaar
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 02:29 PM UTC
me again
2 questions 1-has anyone heard of Anigrand craftswork and built any of their models,they have some really odd birds and was wondering about their quality ?.2-where can i buy a model of the ch 37 mojave,and has anyone built this helo?
thanx don
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 05:25 PM UTC
There is a new 1/72 CH-37 Mojave by a company called Special Hobby. It is supposed to be good and they have a couple different versions. It is a multi-media kit w/plastic, resin, and metal. Pretty pricey though. Here is a review of it.

There was an old vac-form kit of it too. I can't remember the company name. The new one above is much better though.
kpmcclure
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 09:42 AM UTC
Hello,

I have bought and built several Anigrand kits - including their A-12 Avenger II "Flying Dorito", and XHSL-1 helicopter. The kits are well cast, but sometimes are still "ripening" and are off-gassing a lot of resin vapor. Some warpage that is fairly easy to fix. The key is to wash all the parts well to remove mold release agents and prime well and let all coats dry thoroughly. All in all, good kits - interesting subjects - somewhat sparse on detailing (but a detailer's delight - the basics are there and accurate.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
AeroScale: 287 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 09:59 AM UTC
I've bought Anigrad kits, one off of eBay (when I discovered them many years ago) and one direct from them afterwards. I had no problems and thought for unique resin kits, they assembled well.
 _GOTOTOP