_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Fokker D.II history and c&m
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 05:41 AM UTC
Hi all

Even If I will not tackle one of those string bags very soon, I still got some samples in Nuremberg from that era and need to do some research for my reviews.

First I need a good source for the Fokker D.II (ex Gavia, now re-released by SH) (if a written source preferably with ISBN).

To take it a bit further I would like to do it in a camouflage and markings of a known pilot/ace, maybe with a PM ... any source for such animal?

Second I got the Lebedyev VII ... no idea about that one too ... sure no ace, but maybe a known pilot name?

Many thanks in advance

all the best

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 05:34 PM UTC
Hhhhmmm. . . a Fok. D.II ? schtimped das, I may have something for your reference list.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 06:03 PM UTC
Many thanks for your response, Stephen!!!

I have seen your posts regarding this a/c at TheAerodrome, but somehow I could not find the right thing yet. I did find some ace stuff in the "early German aces" booklet by osprey (though some seem to be mislabeled Fok. D.II instead of D.III), but I still lack better info on the aircraft ... the Wiki is not bad, but a bit thin for my taste.

all the best

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 08:40 AM UTC
Here is a great reference on the subject.

"Fokker Fighters D.I - D.IV (Classics of WWI Aviation). Peter Grosz chronicles the early biplane Fokker fighters with over 105 rare photos, 12 pages of 1:48/1:72 scale plans detailing all four types, colour data plus 9 exclusive colour plates. 54 pages. £16.00"

Click here.

Here is my build of the kit. the serial # is just a rough guess.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 08:57 AM UTC
Thanks a lot Stephen

I am not used to WW1 and thus I have to ask some stupid questions .. of course I know Albatros publ. but I must learn that they are the first address to check out....

all the best

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 01:45 PM UTC
As a matter of fact I was talking to Ray this AM. He advised that one of my articles on Nieuport trainers has just been published in Windsock. Wow !
 _GOTOTOP