_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
PHOTOS: EVENT
Nürnberg Toy Fair Report 2009
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 09:26 PM UTC

Here's an article from Jean-Luc Formery (TedMamere) about the 60th edition of the Nürnberg Toy Fair. The report is focused on aircraft model kits of course.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

First: nicely written !

But some additions the I feel necassary to do: You make it look as if i was sitting all day in the press center eating and hacking in my computer. I also did several rounds trough the halls collecting information, catalogues, and taking photos. I had about 250 pix from our military team I was already uploading on Thursday and Friday, Volker sent about 80 and I took ca. 170 myself ... all had to be reworked, named and uploaded. Even in our hotel room on Saturday if you remember ... or were you already asleep

Furthermore I did/do a list on most known upcoming news from the catalogues (thus the business cards are most important in Nuremberg). So these two days are a round the clock job with the 2 days before and after only slightly less workload .. good it is just a week. Last year I could stay 4 days and it was still a fulltime job.

Luckily I also got some samples from the manufacturers. See postman thread for some stuff. (some bought too) .. . now I have to write a lot of reviews (did 6 yesterday ...)

It was fun to be with you there and it had some real advantages for my budget for this month ... thanks!!

Hope next year you will have to do less promo stuff and we can concentrate more on news

all the best

Steffen
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
AeroScale: 305 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 12:37 AM UTC
Great feature. You did a great job all around. Thanks.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 12:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You make it look as if i was sitting all day in the press center eating and hacking in my computer...

Hi Steffen

You shouldn't worry - Jean-Luc's made poor Jim look like he caught him red-handed stealing someone's camera!

But, seriously, GREAT report! - and thanks to both of you for all your fantastic job in keeping Aeroscale up to date with the aircraft side of the show, and Jim for his great work for Kitmaker as a whole.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 01:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jean-Luc's made poor Jim look like he caught him red-handed stealing someone's camera!

Guess who shot that picture .... sorry Jim!! but Jean-Luc always made sure that he is in pose when photographed and mostly got others accidentally. He has much worse shots of me where I look as if the stroke had completely blanked my brain ... also the pic at Adalbertus is a bit strange, but what the heck: (I am left, the joker beside me is Wojciech Bulhak)

I do not like being photographe especially not by a girl that makes a Chihuahua look large ...

Quoted Text

Tenley: "You're that big fat Ninja everyone is talking about?"
Haru: "Great white Ninja!"

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:16 AM UTC
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You shouldn't worry - Jean-Luc's made poor Jim look like he caught him red-handed stealing someone's camera!

Enjoyed the photos and report Jean-Luc and Steffen, good to see you both had a great time.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 04:56 AM UTC
Hi all,

Quoted Text

You make it look as if i was sitting all day in the press center eating and hacking in my computer.

Steffen, that was indeed my intention. I'm happy it worked!

Quoted Text

Guess who shot that picture .... sorry Jim!! but Jean-Luc always made sure that he is in pose when photographed and mostly got others accidentally. He has much worse shots of me where I look as if the stroke had completely blanked my brain ...

As I said to you, next year I will bring my video camera!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Steffen, that was indeed my intention. I'm happy it worked!

Well, then it is nice that you photographed and posted your meals (and this is just from one afternoon):

I got no meal at Tamiya's and I am not mentioning here what you had in the evening ...

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 08:52 AM UTC
Take cover everyone! We've got Aeroscale's first food fight brewing!

Actually, I think it all looks far too civilized - apart from the fantastic grub, there seem to be glasses of wine evident in some of the pics! You know you're supposed to live on bread and water when you're working on location!

All the best

Rowan

PS - Steffen... what were you doing to the chap on the Adalbertus stand!? Perhaps I shouldn't ask...

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 06:25 PM UTC
Hi Rowan,

That is no wine, it's Apfelshorle!

Quoted Text

PS - Steffen... what were you doing to the chap on the Adalbertus stand!? Perhaps I shouldn't ask...

Oh! Oh! That is a sliperry slope!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 07:51 PM UTC
You are both so mean

Wojciech and I were discussion the historical relations of our two countries for half an hour or so and while we agree on most points we also have sights that will never fit. This was quite exhausting and then our nice friend J-L wanted to have a photo for his report. No wonder we both look rather strange.....

greets

Steffen
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 10:10 PM UTC
Ahhh.. now we know. Aeroscale were obviously getting provided with pastries which Armorama WEREN'T getting Obviously, the bottles of vintage Champagne which were probably available for Aeroscale weren't photographed EITHER

Sheer discrimination...
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 10:13 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

More proof (if needed) that Jean-Luc has a wicked sense of humour - I'll have to be careful if I'm ever lucky enough to meet up with him.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 06:17 AM UTC
Hi Rowan

He will bring you a nice bottle of heavy French wine and then he will refuse to help you killing it and then comes out the camera

BTW J-L ... here is a short report from another person ... Mein erstes Mal... (German only)

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hi Steffen,

Quoted Text

He will bring you a nice bottle of heavy French wine and then he will refuse to help you killing it and then comes out the camera

This is the Russian* method. I saw the guys from ICM and Zvezda use it at the fair (not with me fortunately). Only that wine was replaced with whisky or vodka.

Quoted Text

BTW J-L ... here is a short report from another person ... Mein erstes Mal... (German only)

Ja, ich habe es bereits gelesen. Sehr interessanter und frischer Text. Meine complimente an Volker's Frau.

Jean-Luc

* ICM aren't Russian but from Ukraine, but the method is very similar.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 07:38 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc and Steffen

French. Russian... it sounds good to me! I'm always partial to a nice glass of Châteauneuf-du-Pape...

All the best

Rowan
AIRGUNNER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 246 posts
AeroScale: 234 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:48 PM UTC
Great to see Tamiya have re-issued the Lanc. I have always wanted one but refuse to pay £100+ on evilbay. Any idea of a release date and/or cost?

cheers

Steve
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 12:21 AM UTC
hi Steve

announced for February at HLJ. so should be out soon. Price there 6400 Yen (~48 GBP / 53 Euro) ... multiply by 2 to get the Europe prices ... I know it is a little exaggerated, but thats why I try to buy Tamiya and Hasegawa in JP online shops .. even with p&p; import sales tax and customs you are usually still much better than buying locally

al the best

Steffen
AIRGUNNER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 246 posts
AeroScale: 234 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 12:03 PM UTC
Thanks Steffen, will definitely keep an eye out for this. Thanks for the advise to buy from Japan too, they way the GB pound is at the moment I should save a packet.
 _GOTOTOP