_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
REVIEW
BAC Lightning F.6/F.2A
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 10:45 AM UTC
A inbox review of Monochrome plastic models 1/72nd scale BAC Lightning F.6/F.2A kit.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Removed by original poster on 03/03/09 - 21:19:53 (GMT).
seralmachin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uruguay
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 09:25 AM UTC
Not an offshoot. Maybe you are not aware of it, but Monochrome Plastic Models from Japan has been creating excellent moulds for a while, and some of the most famed Trumpeter kits trace their origins to Monochrome.

For example, the best 1/72 Trumpeter kit yet, the Westland Wyvern, is from Monochrome origin. The 1/48 Wyvern is not, and you can see the quality differences between both, just opening the box.

Another Monochrome kits in the Trumpeter range are the 1/35 Sturer Emil, and the 1/144 Sabre. And there are more I can't remember now.

Monochrome has been previously working with Platz, Tristar and Sweet, and it is said that there are some ex-Tamiya employees in the team, but I can assure that. I think the people at Freightdog Models in UK have in the past some realtionship with Monochrome - Maybe they can help.

It's nice to see Monochrome mencioned in the web, and it will be nice to note their moulds - they're not resellers of Trumpeter plastic, it's already the opposite way! You should clear that point in your otherwise nice review.

Regards from Uruguay,

SAM
hessischer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Durazno, Uruguay
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 09:30 AM UTC
I think I have make a mistake in my first reply, sorry.

The decal sheet includes japanese markings just because:

A) Japan was near to buy BAe Lightning, but finally dropped it for the F-104. If you read a serious book on the aircraft you'll find this mencioned.

B) Monochrome is selling some Trumpeter kits form Japan market, as Tamiya does with Italeri. But also Monochrome has developed moulds for Trumpeter in the recent years, just google about this and you'll find the information.

_GOTOTOP