_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
idf
spetsnazgru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 11:25 PM UTC
Hi, this is my first post here.
i want to build a collection of idf 1/48 aircrafts (F-15, 16, cobra, apache...) what are the best brands.
DonSS3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 07:57 AM UTC
That's quite a tall order you've got there.

For the single-seat F-15 Hasegawa's seems to be the accepted favorite, with Monogram's kit being a close second. For F-15B and D, I'm not really sure. For the F-15I, Revell's F-15E seems to be the best starting point, with appropriate modifications.

For the F-16, I've read that for the A/Bs, the Hasegawa kit is the way to go, and for the C model, Tamiya's is currently the best. If you want a F-16D, until Tamiya comes out with one, it looks like Hasegawa is your best bet. Hasegawa does have an F-16I, but I don't really know anything about the kit.

I can't really help you with the Apache...
spetsnazgru
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 09:06 AM UTC
Thank you Don, and what do you think about Kinetic models, their new releases include IDF F-16c block 40 and f-16I Sufa
DonSS3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 03:33 AM UTC
I don't have any of the Kinetic kits, so I can't directly comment, but I've heard good and bad about them. The biggest complaint I've seen is that apparently the nose is a little "droopy." There's been quite a bit of discussion over on the Hyperscale and ARC forums about it. Supposedly, Kinetic will fix the issue starting with their Polish F-16 release, but I'm not 100% sure.
Netz-16A
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 03:59 PM UTC
Here are my choices;
F-15I: Revel Monogram, no better kit on the market, do not waste your time on a replacement cockpit as the one in the box is excellent, maybe a set of seats, but again the kit parts are fine, you will need to scratch build a few minor items ei; mass balancer on the tail, rwr antenna, gps dome, change the leading edge angle of the front cft pylon, add the extra cooling scoops to the cft’s (provided in the kit)

F-15A-B-D Hasegawa, you can add a cockpit, say Black Box, but a set of True Details seats would be the minimum recommendation. A set of Aries Feathered Exhaust would be nice too, just depends how much $ you want to invest.
Decals I have a few sheets from Cutting Edge, I think you can find them still, Iras are far too expensive for me.

F-16A-B-C-D, Hasegawa: if I have the parts I like to add the Aries Gear wells, and exhaust (A-B)
Black box cockpit,(I have not used an Aries set yet due to my Black Box stash) and Aero Master Decals.

F-16C; Tamiya. If you want to sacrifice a Hasegawa B-D canopy a 2 seater is easily converted.

Apache; A-D and late D Hasegawa, Isra makes a “D” conversion, again it’s pricey but the only game in town, well may be AEF Designs does one, I have not checked

Cobra; Monogram, nice little kit.

As far as the Kinetic kit is concerned, that will depend on your accuracy tolerance, it has some quite noticeable shape issues in the nose area, they claim to have corrected it but have only made it worse, the original issue had the pelican look, then Kinetic just filled in the void causing it to look too thick and round (sausage like) it just takes away from the overall look of the F-16.
Also there are major ejector pin marks and many spru attachment points that just make it a tedious build.
Curt
Danial
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 693 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
Hi Jamal, you might want to check out the Kinetic Sufa i did.
http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/141127&page=1
 _GOTOTOP