_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Tamiya F16 Help with parts
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 03:42 PM UTC
I have the Tamiya F16CJ kit, I picked up the eduard precolored zoom cockpit set. Well my kids did what they weren't supposed to and got into some stuff, now the ejector seat is missing(I know I can get a new one in resin), and also the completed instrument panel is missing. Does anyone produce this in resin, or does anyone have one built they can copy in resin for me? These are the only two parts I am in need of to finish the great kit.

Also out of curiosity is who makes a decent resit ejector seat to fit this kit at a decent price? What is a decent price? Less then 10 bucks. If I get a resin copy of the original instrument panel/cover, I have no issues picking up another zoom kit to get the instrument faces, since the set is only 6 bucks.

Oh yeah this is the 1/48th scale one.
Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps someone picked up a complete resin cockpit and isn't using the original one? Hint. U.S. here if it makes a difference.
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
AeroScale: 377 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC
Hmmm... naughty kids!
But they are kids, infact, and you can't do much about it!
I would like to get the block 25/32 kit, and I won't use any AM parts if I get it, but I've taken a look anyway.
AFAIK, I don't remember single instrument panels, but there are whole cockpits which include a seat too, such as this.
http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=PE%20VA480203

(maybe the price is a bit high, but at least you don't pay postage)
Otherwise, you could ask if anyone has got the new Aggressor version, recently released, which has 2 different instrument panels to cover both the C and N versions, and get a single seat (maybe with belts, which are not included in the kit).
Good luck!
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 09:13 PM UTC
Well the thing is I already have the thing pretty much together. The only things I have to do is pop in the instrument panel/hood combo(I used the Eduard Zoom set for the interior BTW), pop in the seat, cleat coat it, decals, panel lines, flat clear, and it's done. It's pretty much together and done with those exceptions. I don't mind picking up another Zoom set to do just that piece, and I don't mind picking up a resin seat either. This may end up having to wait until I can pick up another kit, and I'll just have to make a resin copy of the parts I need.
Rattler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 09:54 PM UTC
Michael,

When do we get to see some photo's man ???

I'm currently working on this kit currently.
 _GOTOTOP