_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Academy F-15 W.I.P.
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 09:13 PM UTC
This is my start of the Academy 1/48 scale F-15C/D, which I happen to be modeling as the D.

So far just the cockpit, and it's done OOB(as will the whole aircraft).

Juggler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
AeroScale: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 01:14 PM UTC
hey Michael Nice start on the D model. I'll be doing the same kit soon. I plan on building a replica of the one I crewed while in Okinawa, Japan. Just a tip..the between the legs eject handle doesn't exist on the F-15 ACES II seat. It should be removed. ck out ejectionsite.com for some good ref pics.

Juggler
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 08:28 AM UTC
Yeah I know it doesn't belong there, but I was never going for complete accuracy on this one. The next one will be. This one I just wanted a 1:48 scale representation of the F15. It gave me something to work on while waiting around for my SU-27(which I got), and waiting for the PE kit for it(which I also have now). I don't have much work left to do on it. I messed up panel lines and need to do some touchup. I just managed to get my silly putty back from the kids after they pilfered it from my workbench, so I'll be touching it up tonight or tomorrow, and then finishing things up hopefully soon. I seem to have misplaced the nosegear, so I'll probably be using the Tamiya nosegear I have from a parts kit I got from someone for it. One thing is for sure, this plane ain't no contest winner the way I'm building it. I'm still working on my aircraft skills.
 _GOTOTOP