_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
REVIEW
X-15 cockpit
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 10:44 AM UTC

Lieutenant-Commander Bob Read has written his first review here on Aeroscale. As a first look he comments briefly on the resin parts and what they represent.

". . .When I opened the sturdy shipping box containing the Super Bug Models resin cockpit set for my Special Hobby 1/32 scale X-15, I was immediately impressed by the quality of the casting, the weight of the parts and the many additional small bits and pieces that are included over and above what you get as a cockpit in the Special Hobby kit. . ."

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here. Please remember to mention that you heard about these products in review, here at Aeroscale's forum.

Thanks!
NebLWeffah
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hi - an adendum to my review above

The fields to fill in the form online are very brief and I couldn't get everything in that I wanted to say. In a nutshell, the set is very nice with first rate detail and nicely moulded without any air bubbles or blemishes to speak of. The only problems I had were with the Superbug Models order fulfilment process which was, frankly, abysmal. Now that Great Models Webstore is distributing their product, that might be a problem of the past. I feel that if it weren't for Great Models, I wouldn't ever have received the set. It took almost 3 months to get delivery. Once I had contacted Great Models, it was delivered in literally a matter of days.

Nice set but poor customer service on Superbug's part. Many thanks to Great Models Webstore.

Bob
 _GOTOTOP