_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Seasprite
john111
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 05:08 PM UTC
Hello,

Looking for revell 1/48 seasprite. Thanks
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 08:26 AM UTC
Hi John.
While Ican't help you with finding the kit .
I'm curious as to which paint scheme you are going to use.
The Royal New Zealand Navy flies the G version.----hint hint---
I may even have to drive out to the RNZAF base where they are stationed and see if I can get some photos.
There is a road which circles the perimeter and you are able stop and watch operations.

Chris
john111
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:29 AM UTC
Hello Chris

Well today is your lucky day....yes a G model... I was surfing onYoutube and downloaded all the NZ movies, quite a story I just behind NZ's seasprite's how in order to save money they took old ones down to barebones and rebuilt them, just like your A-4's. I saw that Matchbox did a seasprite, don't know much about it thou. Check out the videos and if I do find a 1/48 seasprite I will let you know so I can get some photo's from you. Thanks alot Chris
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 04:28 PM UTC
Hi again John.
Yup thats about right the RNZAF gets rebuilds.
The Navy gets ships based on civil designs and spend more time at the yard
and the Army gets LAV 3 which aren't really suitable for our terrian or areas that we may operate in.
Typical goverment

Chris

john111
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 12:27 AM UTC
Hey Chris.
I spend 21 years in our coast guard and all the work goes to the lowest bidder and most designs don't pay attention that the coast guard goes out when others are surpose to be coming in , poor designs, constant breakdowns, and crews being tired because of being tossed around.. Thanks john
nzgunnie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 371 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Chris

Well today is your lucky day....yes a G model... I was surfing onYoutube and downloaded all the NZ movies, quite a story I just behind NZ's seasprite's how in order to save money they took old ones down to barebones and rebuilt them, just like your A-4's. I saw that Matchbox did a seasprite, don't know much about it thou. Check out the videos and if I do find a 1/48 seasprite I will let you know so I can get some photo's from you. Thanks alot Chris

The A4s were new build E models, without the ECM kit in the hump, known as K in our service.

The Gs are new builds, Kaman took the initial Fs that we operated with back off us (one was used for the prototype for the Aussie Sprites).
 _GOTOTOP