_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Horsa interior colors??
mj
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
AeroScale: 325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:42 AM UTC
I am starting to build Italeri's "Horsa" glider as a surprise for a D-Day vet who flew one into Normandy. I haven't been able to find any info on the interior coloring. Does anyone know of a site, or have the info, on what color the interior of the glider was? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to ask the recipient and ruin the surprise, but I'd hate to get something major wrong, and ruin the gift.

TIA

Mike

stufer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:04 AM UTC
apparantly the Museum of Army Flying has a Horsa in its collection,so if you get in touch with them they may be able to help,thats in Middle Wallop in the UK,same would go for the Airborne Forces Museum in Aldershot which has the cockpit Hang on tho,i've just found www.assaultgliderproject.co.uk
that should help!
stufer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:09 AM UTC
sorry,should have said,on assaultgliderproject click on 'survivors' on the menubar,aand voila!lovely horsa pictures
(++)
ukgeoff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
AeroScale: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:16 AM UTC
Most likely colour would be the standard RAF interior grey/green (i.e. Humbrol 78, Polly Scale 5270, Xtracolor 010). Here's the link to the site mentioned above.

http://www.assaultgliderproject.org.uk/
mj
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
AeroScale: 325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 04:20 AM UTC
Gentlemen, thank you very much for the help. I had tried a "Google" search, but couldn't come up with anything in color. Your sites were a godsend. I appreciate it very much, and will let my friend Bill know his Horsa was a "group" effort. Many thanks again.

Mike

_GOTOTOP