Italeri Me 262 1A - Schwalbe
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 06:58 AM UTC
Hello everyone:

I have the oportunity to buy the Me 262 1A from Italeri (kit 2613) and before doing it I prefer to ask if somebody knows something about this kit. Is it good, details, fit, engraved panel lines, etc...?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 07:14 AM UTC
:-) Sorry I wouldn't know. I'm assuming this is a 1/72 scale kit? if it isn't, well that would be interesting. I'm not well up on who as produced what, but I'm sure Italeri haven't produced a 1/48 262? If it is 1/48 it's probably the Dragon kit? I could give you the lowdown on that :-)
Mal
BoarHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:12 AM UTC
Did you check the Tamiya Me262? I think it is really good .. actually, this will be my next purchase.
Messerschmitt Me262 A-2a Features

- 1/48 scale, total height: 221mm, total width: 264mm.
- Form of the Me262, with its swept-back wings and attached engine pods has been faithfully recreated in this model.
- Details of the cockpit and 30mm cannons have also been accurately portrayed. Canopy and cannon covers can be assembled opened or closed.
-Two types of bomb racks are available for assembly. Replicas of two 250-pound bombs and two take-off assistance booster rockets have been provided in kit.
-Front landing gear bay has been made of die-cast aluminum and is weighted for balance.
- Kit features 1/48 scale Kettenkraftrad towing vehicle.
- 3 pilot and ground crew figures included. Kit also features decals for recreation of 3 different planes.

And if you dont want to spend so much (because of the Kettenkreftrad) you can buy the one that comes alone:

csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

:-) Sorry I wouldn't know. I'm assuming this is a 1/72 scale kit? if it isn't, well that would be interesting. I'm not well up on who as produced what, but I'm sure Italeri haven't produced a 1/48 262? If it is 1/48 it's probably the Dragon kit? I could give you the lowdown on that :-)
Mal

Hi Holdfast:
This kit is 1/48 scale and it`s Italeri, I was reading in the web that it is a reissue of the old Trimaster kit but without white metal landing gears and other special features typical from Trimaster kits.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you check the Tamiya Me262? I think it is really good .. actually, this will be my next purchase.
And if you dont want to spend so much (because of the Kettenkreftrad) you can buy the one that comes alone:

Hi DVX:

The problem is that by this days you can´t find the latest Tamiya kits in my country. If I could get one I´ll buy it without any doubt.
penpen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 09:13 PM UTC
10 or 15 uears ago, Trimaster kits were supposed to be absolutely great !!!!
So if I were you, I'd definitely by this Me 262.
Given the price difference between Italeri and Tamiya, if noone tells me the italeri kit is bad, I'd go with the italeri, and ex-trimaster, kit.
Holdfast, I didn't understand your "lowdown" (sorry I still have difficulties with english once in a while) ! Does it mean he shouldn't by the product ?
The Dragon kit is probably a reissue of the sale Trimaster kit... and that's where italeri got it from...
BoarHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 09:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi DVX:

The problem is that by this days you can´t find the latest Tamiya kits in my country. If I could get one I´ll buy it without any doubt.

Fijate bien, cuando yo vivia en Argentina me solia pedir los modelos por internet. Fijate en deremate, ebay y mercado libre. Sino me imagino que podras ir a cualquier negocio y encargarlos.

[sorry for those who dont speak spanish]
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2003 - 08:03 AM UTC
:-) HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi penpen,
What I mean by "giving the lowdown" is that having built the dragon kit I could give information on that kit :-) It was a bit of a pig, but accurate. :-)
Hehe, watch out for the rhyming slang
Mal
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2003 - 04:01 PM UTC
Get it, there are no swastikas but other than that its pretty good for the $$$!

~Chip
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 03:20 AM UTC
Well, thanks to all for the information. I will buy it tomorrow. When I get it I´ll take some pics of the sprues and I´ll post them in Armorama.MSN.Groups.
DVX:
El problema hoy es que luego de la devaluación hay muchos sitios que venden a través de Internet que no aceptan las tarjetas de crédito de Arg. y en los negocios de venta al público en Bs. As. están trayendo muy pocos kits por el momento.
Donde vivías y cuando ?
Siggi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 90 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 04:47 AM UTC
I've built the Dragon (now Italieri) 262...well, I nearly built it. I got so sick of the gaps and shonky fit of the components that I gave up on it. It's on top of the wardrobe covered in dust.

The Tamiya may cost more (I've got it and have started it) but it's head and shoulders above the Italieri version. If you like a challenge go for the Italieri. If you like precision go for the Tamiya.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:03 AM UTC
Hi guys:

Today I bought the kit and I got a surprise when I opened the box. The bag that contains the sprues has a printed text that says "Made by Dragon Models & Imported by Italeri".
So this is the Dragon Me 262. A saw a lot of pics and read some reviews in the web about this kit and the pics looks great and the reviews are favorables.
I know there are some parts with fit problems but I guess I will be able to manage them (hope so)
Siggi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 90 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 08:14 PM UTC
Here're a couple of pics of mine. You can just make out the filler and state of the seams. It's definitely doable but I'm a bit anal about fit and this one eventually did my head in. #:-)

WymanV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 09:55 PM UTC
I have built this kit in its DML/Dragon boxing as well. The wing fit is quite the fiasco, but the detailing of the kit os so nice, I bought another. There is a review at http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/reviews/axis/luft/gren262.htm that may be of some help in this.

HTH
Ken
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 03:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have built this kit in its DML/Dragon boxing as well. The wing fit is quite the fiasco, but the detailing of the kit os so nice, I bought another. There is a review at http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/reviews/axis/luft/gren262.htm that may be of some help in this.

HTH
Ken

I´m planning to start the construction maybe on next monday. I´ll be posting images of the evolution of the building.
Wow, next months I´ll be building a lot, I´m also in the Barbarosa Campaign and finishing a JU 87 B2 (Hasegawa)
 _GOTOTOP