_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Eduard Weekend Dr.I - problem
alamotom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 01:55 PM UTC
Greetings, I just purchased the weekend Dr.I and it contained two of the same sprues making it impossible to build the model. I returned it to my hobby shop and the other one on the shelf was the same- two identical sprues! I emailed Eduard but have gotten no response. Anyone else have the same experience?
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 08:58 PM UTC
No thankfully, but Jackflash posted advice on just this problem the other day, headed Manufacturer problems, I dont know how to link to it but its in this forum,

I have heard Eduard are usually pretty good at sorting this kind of problem out though.

Little help I know but.

Keith
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 09:49 PM UTC
Hi Thomas

Stephen alerted me to the problem you found, so I've dropped our contact at Edward a line on your behalf too.

All the best

Rowan
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 03:24 AM UTC
I have had this problem with Eduards kit box by Accurate Minitures and had no trouble at all with getting the replacement spruce . Even had this happen with Eduard themself and if you go on their web site you will be able to get the help from there as well . Eduard is really cool when this happens and will make it right , just takes time .

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Thomas
Stephen alerted me to the problem you found, so I've dropped our contact at Edward a line on your behalf too.

All the best
Rowan

Nowhere but Aeroscale could this happen. A staffer helps out contacting a manufacturer for a member. Rowan you are an Ace of Aces!
JanZ_Eduard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Czech Republic
KitMaker: 4 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 08:20 PM UTC
Hi,

everyone of you who had experienced this problem, please feel freely to contact Eduard at [email protected] or if you will not get an answer on time (there is possible, that the address is temporarily overwhelmed - by lot of orders or question emails that needs to be answered), please let know Rowan (Merlin). He can forward this request to me.
Bye, Jan
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 11:39 PM UTC
Wow! A rep from the manufacturer is on hand! We are uptown folks. Makes me feel good.
B24Liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
AeroScale: 113 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 11:56 PM UTC

Wow is right! You can't beat that deal with a stick !

I've really come to enjoy the Eduard line of products, and to have this kind of service is like a good 'head' on a glass of beer..
alamotom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 - 01:55 AM UTC
Thanks guys! This is the best site on the net and it has renewed my interest in modeling-especially WW1. Thanx again.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 - 02:26 AM UTC
No doubt about it , Eduard is the best !!! and is a warm welcome to have a rep here on Areoscale to support us on the products we buy from their line of kits !

Thanks Eduard !!!!!

_GOTOTOP