_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
1/48 ultra modern crews?
dasmith
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hello all,
New to this side of things usually on the armor side , but thougt I would build in honor of the angels on our shoulders a helo, but keeping with my ultra modern theme (Darn you future weapons)I built the LHX Stingbat I know this was a prototype but it looked so cool on Ebay that had to buy it and build it. So the build is almost done but I want to crew it up so I'm looking for crew figures with NVG's or the new style flight helmets.I prefer resin but plastic or metal would work and if anyone has some seated crew figures laying around not in use I promise to give them a good home.
Thanks Derek
Avus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 302 posts
AeroScale: 112 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 07:30 PM UTC
Propaganda has some 1/48 figures they call "modern", but they all have the older SPH-4 helmet without NVG mounts.
Sorry but that's the only ones I know about in 1/48 scale.
dasmith
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 11:58 AM UTC
Klaus,
Thank you for that lead I have seen those my self,and was wondering if any of the pavehawks from various manufactures come with crew figures? more to what I'm looking for, do you have any imput on this as I'm not a stranger to conversion I would rather start from a plastic base , but if I have to I would convert resin just need some good photos of the new helmet with NVG points.
Thanks again
Derek
Avus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 302 posts
AeroScale: 112 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 07:39 PM UTC
You're welcome.

I have Italeri's Pave Hawk in my stash and it has no figures, I don't know about Academy or Minicrafts helos, but I suppose it's a "no-joy" there, too.

Here's an overview of various flight helmets. With the picture I found here I managed to convert a SPH helmet to a HGU-56 in 1/35 scale. This is the result:

_GOTOTOP