bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 10:20 AM UTC
I recently purchased a BF-110 G4 kit in 1/32 scale from two separate sources. Both are supposed to be from Revell Germany. One is clearly from Europe since it comes in the usual 4-language RoG box, but with a "Made in Poland" sticker covering over the copyright date, etc. The styrene is a light greenish color. The decals are thick with too much transfer film and have yellowed over time.

The other kit says copyright 1992 Revell-Monogram with a Des Plaines, IL address, as well as an address in Germany. The box art is mostly in English and the styrene is a middle gray in color. The decals are much better, and it looks like a later production.

My question is: did RoG re-issue the kit? I don't think one of them is really the American version pretending to speak with a German accent, but I wouldn't know the difference in the kits from German to Revell-Monogram.

Anyone up on this kit and its history?
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 05:14 AM UTC
Bill, yes it's a reissue, and Belive it or not, they had another reissue just this last year to combat DML's new kit. Though i'm not sure on the history of the kit. I have seen several built and they do look nice.
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 05:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bill, yes it's a reissue, and Belive it or not, they had another reissue just this last year to combat DML's new kit.

I presume they did nothing to fix the prop length or nacelle problems?

Thanks for the info, that's very helpful. It's on my short list for next projects, perhaps with Schattonmodell's FuG 218 short dipole radar array that is better-known on the ME-262.
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
AeroScale: 258 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 08:26 AM UTC
The RoG re-pops have no accuracy corrections to the original molds. They are a nice,handsome build OOB but will still have several pages worth of errors for a rivet counter's feast. Have not heard anything glaringly wrong about the new DML offering,maybe a request for more detail, but every customer seems to be happy.
My lament is I can't find the money,space,or time to build all the big,new birds out there.
If somebody came out with a 1/32 Skyraider ,well, you wouldn't find any posts here from me for quite a while as I would be very busy indeed...........
cheers!
bill_c
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Thanks, Rick. Appreciate the help from you and Steve. Anyone with information about errors and corrections for the 110 G-4, please contact me. There is a resin upgrade I found for $50 that corrects the cockpit, wheels and propellers.

The biggest issue I have heard with the Dragon 110 C/D is the seat belts. If that's the worst you can do, then that's pretty damn good.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have not heard anything glaringly wrong about the new DML offering,maybe a request for more detail, but every customer seems to be happy.

Hi Rick

Hardly glaring - but fabric covered flaps to match the rest of the control surfaces would be good in what is a very fine kit.

As regards the Revell.Germany Bf 110 question, Steffen may well be able to fill in some of the blanks as to what came from where thanks to his IPMS.de contacts.

All the best

Rowan
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 02:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If somebody came out with a 1/32 Skyraider

Amen brother...but I'll take mine as an AD-5.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 03:01 PM UTC
Having not changed is good I guess, since I have the 1st release kit. One of these days, after I get the wings straightended out{bad warpage} I'll fire it up.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 03:22 PM UTC
I will be doing a build-review of the DML -110D Dackelbauch ASAP. I also have RoG's Bf-110. I'll try to get around to shooting it for review/FYI, but I have a few other models to do first.
 _GOTOTOP