_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
rotary wings in motion
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 09:55 PM UTC
hi there guys i have an old airfix model of the sas330 puma which id like to do landing with revells modern british infantry set jumping out of to go into all round defence.

id like the effect of the rotary blades running and have an idea that the material used to do this would be a plastic disc of some sort. so here the wuestion what product would i have to buy to make this happen and where is the best place to find it??
another quick question its to be static grass for the field and wonder as the blades are spinning the grass is pushed out at an angle as of the speed being cased from the blades is there away to make this effect??

cheers in advance tony.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 09:30 AM UTC
For the clear disk, any clear plastic will do. You will want it a little thick to hold the shape and not roll or flop. Any sign shop or good hobby shop should have clear plastic. You could also try a hardware/home supply store for thin plexiglass.

The best bet to show rotorwash on the grass is to use long grass and comb it into a crop circle-like formation, possibly gluing it down to get the shape you want.

Good luck.
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 12:10 AM UTC
Hey Gino thank you for the help its well apreciated. i can finish my project now =]
i was wondering if it to ask how would you do two tone camo which is the easiest way ive struggled trying it on scrap models but am not feeling its right. if you get what i mean.??? its the two tone camo for the puma of green and black but what kind fo green should i use. i only use acrylics.

if you could help me on this please id be very greatfull

cheers in advance tony
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 04:48 AM UTC
Sorry, can't help on the color in acrylics, I only use Model Master enamels. The green color used by the British is called Bronze Green. Look for it and you should be good. For camo, I do all mine freehand using an airbrush. It takes some practice, but looks the most realistic to me. Good luck.
 _GOTOTOP