Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Finished FW 190 for the butcher birds Campaig
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 08:04 AM UTC
Hi Guy's . After five months I have my build done . It has been some time since I did a WW2 subject , but I'm very pleased with the end results have a lot of pic's for you guy's . Not being overrly happy with the canopy , it will be replace with a vac one in the future ( the canopy is hand painted )

It was an enjoyable build .Eduard have done a fantastic job on the making of this kit . I did find the Accurate Miniature decals to be on the thick side but did responed well to supersol . Their instructions have part numbers wrong in some place's Thank God for picture's ! The resin engine is from CMK and is a work of art in it's right . The front cowls I built from srcatch .

Hope you guy's Like and Steffen , I didn't mess it up so go easy on me !

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 08:08 AM UTC
Here is some more .................

Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 08:29 AM UTC
Looks great! If only it was in 1/72 scale Ha ha! Good job. Russell
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 - 05:35 PM UTC
Thanks Russell , glad you like it !
chukw1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 817 posts
AeroScale: 729 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 03:58 AM UTC
Very nice, Terri- you've definitely got a deft touch at delicate detail! The engine looks so nice- and the clips for the panels? They scare me, but yours are perfect.

Cheers!
chuk
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 09:09 AM UTC
Hi Terri

As I already wrote .... very nice model!!! especially considering the complexity of the kit. But as you normally build WW1 stuff it is no wonder you could easily cope with it

Somewhere was a question re the colour of the number ... my books are still packed away as my new shelfs are not yet here. IIRC black is correct considering time frame and unit .... but I am not 100% sure (maybe Neil could jump in as it is a Sturmjäger).

all the best

Steffen
chris1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 949 posts
AeroScale: 493 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 11:04 AM UTC
Hi Terri
Thats one nice Butchers Bird.
You have done a fantastic job.

Cheers
Chris
mvfrog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 369 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 11:08 AM UTC
Great build. Fine attention to detail. Well done.

Matt
Yeti123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 278 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 03:50 PM UTC
Another great build Terri. I especialy like the way the engine turned out

Taylor
hkopper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 529 posts
AeroScale: 340 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 04:00 PM UTC
Bravo Terri !!! How did you create the hinges for the exposed cowl? Are they scratch built or aftermarket?
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 06:20 PM UTC
The you very much for the comments Chuck , still wet behind the ears a little or just rusty on the WW2 subjects . For the paint chipping I do after the model has been dull coated . so there is a ruff surface . Alum/powder from a old jar of testors buffing metalizer . just leave the cap off and let it dry out . This is then mix in with dull cote and dry brushed , rub in with a q-tip . I like this method for the fact that when the alum is sprayed first then the base colour and chip the paint away the ridge is to much in 48 scale ....................

well what can I say Steffen but the only real trouble with the build was the decking and back plate had some fit issues and the front glass for the canopy , but Like I said this will be replaced with a vac set in the future .

Matt , Chris and Taylor . Thanks for the kind words and glad you like it .

Hi Hermann , only the cowl covers are build form scratch . The cowl fasteners came with the resin engine set , so yes the are PE parts . Just wish I more for the gun breech cover . Would have added more depth to the part .

I have a Tamiya kit of the P51B with more resin then you could shake a stick at , maybe this will be my next one ..............................
dcandal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 918 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 02:22 AM UTC
A very good job you made Terry, very nice
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC
Very nice work!

That engine looks great & busy. I like the finish on the exhaust pipes as well.
On subsequent builds, I recommend drilling out the exhaust pipes. Not that big visible if arent't looking for them, but it lends that final touch of class.
I noticed there's a small gap between the lower edge of the windscreen and the fuselage. Probably not worth sweating about at this point though.

Speaking of decals, Accurate miniatures boxings have their own decals?

Keep up the good work.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 06:19 AM UTC
Thanks Daniel .

Eetu , I was going to drill out the pipping but I ended up breaking the bit and the hobby shop here doesn't carry them . A really downer , but i will be home soon and will hit the shops there . The canopy isn't glued on up front and is only tacked on for the rear part . I will be ordering a vac one to replce the kit one . Glass is way to thick for those parts .

Yes the decals are made by Accurate Miniatures the rest of the kit is from Eduards .
Funny though when they re did the instruction sheet they still list the PE parts which come with the kit , but they don't offer them in their reboxing . I have one of Dragons kits and with that one even more of the access panels will be opened up just have to get a landing flap set for it
 _GOTOTOP