_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
WNW 1:32 Bristol Figther F2b
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 - 08:49 PM UTC
Hi Folks
This bird is one of these I wished for, so when Wingnuts hit the market I was sold, just had to order it. My friend Rogga and me placed an order, he got the whole bunch so he will have some work ahead for at least ten years only Wingnuts. Even if the price is on the higher side you always got what you paid for isn’t that right? In my point of view I must say this is almost and only almost too good kit for my bench. Everything you need is in the box and I'm certain that this will turn up to a really nice model when finished.

On Hyperscale there is a lot of new name at least in my mind that building up these Wingnuts in a fast pace, so if you have missed them check them out.

Having spent some evening eyeballing down in the different plastic sprue´s in there's bags I just had to start up the build. For the start I find some nice sinkmarks too get rid off. Nothing to get bored off, but in my fantasy I’d never thought that I’ll would be starting with the filler.
The seat is nice but in my eyes this is looking somewhat plain if you compare with pics of the real thing. I have not made up my mind if I will go the whole way, the seat is big enough to start making a better wickerseat for this one. So here are some starting pics for you folks.

from my garden
Larsa Q
guitarlute101
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,121 posts
AeroScale: 1,063 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 03:16 AM UTC

Lars,

Nice start. It's good to have you here. Kornbeef and I need someone to help round out the Wingnut squad. It's a little thin over here.

Mark
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 03:34 AM UTC
Hey Lars , Nice to see you are nolonger missing in action and back at the bench once more .

Glad to have you back and look forward to your build .
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 05:17 AM UTC
Thanks guys and Terri. Just to have a break from modelling makes it more interesting to get back again.
Mark always nice to see you in this squad, please pass the beernuts,,,,,
Terri, you should just see my garden at the moment, I’d had no plans for it this year, but it ended up with a total make over the garden. Now I have to answer the door when people walks bye and explain for them what I and my wife have done with your garden.
So now for the modelling bits, I got a new par of jeans to make some lovely colour stains on, the old ones never survived the gardening.

Have just started to make a new wicker seat for the Bristol, I use them same technique I used for the DH-2 in 48 scales, hope to send in pics soon. Have checked out all my references for this one and I must say there will be a lot off tiny extras on this one.

Model on folks

Larsa Q
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 12:49 AM UTC
Sounds like you are going do do the full works on this one ...Looking forward to seeing it progress Lars......

Keith
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 08:42 AM UTC
I am really happy to see you starting this one. It is high on my build list, and I look forward to seeing how you do it up.
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 - 06:15 AM UTC
Hi Folks
I´m been back in my garden again,Yes Í Know I´m hopeless found this at hyperscale, and a really nice one.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Slanger2/BristolF2b271.jpg
This build is just an inspiritation for me.. For the moment I´m working(painting) on a bust off Rickenbacker, sculpted by Mike Good so thats coming up later.

Look for this "Slanger" guy at hyperscale and you find alot of good pics.

Larsa Q
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 - 08:36 AM UTC
Real don't blame you on the graden hijacking your time . Summer is hear !!!

Slanger's build is fantastic , was on there the other day having a look , some nice builds are being done with impressive results ! To bad there isn't many of the SE5a .
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 05:46 AM UTC
Hi Folks
I will wait with this build, Stephen have the GB going on so it will be build in that GB.

All my time in for the Roden DH-2.

Larsa Q
 _GOTOTOP