_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Freightdog News
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 05:23 AM UTC
After reading the new issue of Scale Aviation Modeller some new re lease's under the Bluemax Label we will be seeing the Sopwith Dolphin and the Sopwith Snipe which will include Inter-war decal options .

Under the Pegasus Label The Junkers CI-1 ( J.10 ) as well as the Martinsyde F.4 Buzzard .

No date has been stated on when we will see these , but I'm really looking forward to the Snipe and the Junkers .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 03:05 AM UTC
Greetings all, here is an up date from Freightdog's owner.

Quoted Text

Hello . . .my name is Colin Strachan and since August 2008 I am the owner of Blue Max Productions and Pegasus Models, which I bought from Chris Gannon.

At the time I was running my own model range (Freightdog Models) and working full time, and to be honest I bit off more than I could chew! Although I released some WWI decal sheets and got all the available kits back on sale, I did not have time to expand the brands as I planned to.

As of April 2010 I am now in a position to take my model business full time, and will release the various projects I have ongoing in the near future. This includes the BM Macchi M.5 mentioned elsewhere, reintroducing five sets of lozenge decals in two scales and limited edition releases of Blue Max and Pegasus kits. The first of these will be a 1/72nd DH.4A kit, which includes the Pegasus kit with added resin, etch and decals for the passenger variant. I will post sepately with progress on those projects.

At the time of the purchase of Pegasus, I did not buy the injection moulding equipment, it was and still is my intention to outsource future injection kit production, and also work more in resin. Chris Gannon had been criticised in the past for not keeping up with the likes of Eduard. I would point out that Chris did not run Pegasus full time, and worked alone from a small unit that was little more than a shed, right till the end. The investment needed and the cost of new machinery is not a realistic aim for a one man business, and he had no desire to take on the Czech model business. Neither do I, in fact I'm more likely to work with them to develop the business in the future.

All available items are listed on my website (search for Freightdog models), and we now also have a facebook page (again search for Freightdog) to promote all the items old and new, making use of the photo album features to display inspirational models to get us all building!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I apologise if this breaches the forums advertising rules.

Colin

BradCancian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 285 posts
AeroScale: 281 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 01:53 PM UTC
Colin tells me that the Snipe will be issued with a replacement cockpit decking in resin due to the inaccuracies of the original version. I had to make some corrections in this area when I built this kit so this is good news for anyone getting hold of the new version.

BC
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 05:45 PM UTC
Sounds like we need to warm up some kit reviews.
mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 - 01:44 AM UTC
Personally I would like to see the re-release of the 1/72 SPAD VII, with addition of resin pieces and maybe a re-shot of the wings to make them thinner.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 02:03 AM UTC
Greetings all,
Colin at Freightdog is attempting top release a conversion set for the Blue Max Sopwith F.1 to bring it up to build a Sopwith Comic.

IPMS Deutschland has a review done by our own Steffan Arndt (Alpha_Tango). Link posted above.

Quoted Text

Nov. 18, 2011 "Hi Stephen,

I hope you are well.

I have not forgotten your help with the drawings, so you will be getting a free sample for Aeroscale soon, no need for paypal.

The Telford release went well, sold quite a few but also discovered a rather obvious mistake which has delayed me listing on my website. I omitted to notice that the three decal options I had covered are all Le Rhône engined, and the Eduart kit only has a Clerget. I had not included a new engine but it looks like I will have to add one before I can release properly. I am happy to send you one without the engine now if you like, just let me have your postal address.

Thanks.
Best regards Colin

Quoted Text

Nov. 28, 2011
I'm trying to resolve the missing engine asap and take the opportunity to improve the instructions (as it was a bit of a rush job for our Telford show), so I will send the complete sample to you when both items are fixed. Unitl then I'm not pushing the set. I will let you know when its on the way, hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Best regards Colin

The kit parts appear well done in the above mentioned review.

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nov. 18, 2011 "Hi Stephen,

I hope you are well.

I have not forgotten your help with the drawings, so you will be getting a free sample for Aeroscale soon, no need for paypal. Thanks.
Best regards Colin

My example just showed up at the door.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 09:46 PM UTC

From the company owner. in 1:72. 1:48 & 1:32 late WWI, WWII and post WWII!!!

"Dear Customers,

We have a special offer this weekend !!!"

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
 _GOTOTOP