Flytrap in Southern Poland
mauricethebear2009
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 34 posts
AeroScale: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 08:37 AM UTC
Hiya,
One of my friends(Who is really into UFO's and world war two) recently told me about a structure in the mountains of Poland called the Flytrap..it's exact purpose apparently remains a mysetry although many theories have been put forward over the years...i'm planning on building this structure in 1/72 scale and putting a flying saucer inside it..as the nearest theory i go along with for it's purpose is testing anti Gravity theories to their limit..whether it actually had flying saucers in or not....i just think it would look rather good in the right kind of diorama..trees..mountain terrain etc..a few personnel and so forth..Has anyone got any idea where decent pics of this structure and area of interest are located? The more detail i can get about the place and the Fllytrap the better..pics..plans,dimensions...i have a few basic measurements i picked up on the net...but they are very basic and vague...the other thing is i want to build this in 1/72 scale..so i need to reduce the full size dimensions to that scale...is there an easy way of doing this? I'm no Einstein with figures so any help would be great as well...when i get this thing done..(which i intend to build from good quality art workshop card..wood and plastic sheet) i will put the finished results up on the forum for people to see and judge..as it will be a "What if" scenario diorama it may border on the exotic and crazy,but seeing as we don't know for sure it very well could have been how it was in world war two on a Polish mountain...it's an interesting project though seeing as there are (to my knowledge) no scale models of this structure anywhere...it's supposed to be a purplelish colour as well!! Should be fun anyway..
If anyone has any information i would greatly appreciate it...thank you..Steve in the UK
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 07:24 PM UTC
Google gave me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell

There are various photos (linked directly to the addresses found in google, strip the addresses back to see where they came from/who owns them):

Also, there is lots of discussion on the 'above top secret' forum about this. A youtube summary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWYJYVNWSPk

I don't think the surrounding area is what you would think of as a typical mountainside- looks like it is at a mine, and the immediate surrounding area is pretty flat, though as this is fictional, I guess you could place the building wherever you like.

To get dimensions in 1/72 scale, you divide them by 72.
 _GOTOTOP