_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Pearl Harbor 2009 Proposal
fightnjoe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 565 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 11:21 AM UTC
As with last year I propose a Pearl Harbor Group Build.

I noticed last year that interest was pretty high when the build was proposed but died some as the build progressed. So I am looking at tightening up the build a bit. I am looking at a start date of September 7 and the end date of December 7.

All subjects from the Hawaiian Islands, the First Combined Fleet (Japanese), and the USS Enterprise from December 1941 is allowed. Civillian and military, vehicles, ships, aircraft, armor, dios, figures, or a combination of them is allowed.

Further clarifications will follow when we get a working thread.

So what do you think?

joe
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 09:40 AM UTC
I'd join, but would need way more time than 3 months... plus there are lots of Aeroscale campaigns running thru this winter.

what about an early pacific campaign, starting dec 7 and ending, say, 7 June, which is the ending date of the battle of midway?

The campaign would be for any aircraft serving in the pacific theater between Dec 7, 41 and June 7, '43. this would be an interesting variation of the standard pearl harbor build.

-v-
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 - 12:08 AM UTC
I think Vance is right. It could be very interesting, but needs to be expanded a bit to allow for greater variation.

Also start should be sometime spring 2010 and run for 6 months. Otherwise people will not have time to finish their builds.

Just my two cents.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 - 01:36 AM UTC
Hi Joe , very cool idea , but like Vance and Jesper the time frame needs to be better . Spring start up sounds the best and have it run until Dec 7 . Maybe even tie this in with the ship builders on shipwright then there we be a greater variation of models and more members willing to finish the campaign .
fightnjoe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 603 posts
AeroScale: 565 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 - 12:46 PM UTC
been thinking a lot about this build. i am thinking that this year may be out for the longer time frame. but if i go into 2010 and i go july 28 (the day of the us embargo in 1941) and finish dec 7 i may be covered. i dont want to go too long, ive seen some builds that the only ones who knew it was still going were the originators if it goes too long.

thoughts??

joe
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 03:40 AM UTC
How about Dec 7 this year till Dec 7 next year? I have plenty of 1/700 ships in my stash such as USS Arizona, Hiryu and Shokaku for example. It takes me ages to build a 1/700 ship as I use enamel paints, etch etc etc. Also are we talking about things as they were at Pearl Harbour? For example an A6M2 Zero instead of a later one like an A6M5.

thanks
Mike
 _GOTOTOP