bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 03:03 AM UTC
Trying to finish my BF110 G-4s which had wing tanks, but can't find any After Market versions. So wondering if any of you large plane builders have ones from ME109s or other planes I could buy? The Dragon BF110 C instruction sheet shows them on the sprues (presumably for another version), but not used on that particular model and naturally they're not in my kit!

I need two pair or at least 2!
Moeggo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 132 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 12:52 PM UTC
I will have a look in my box of spares tonight for you. Off the top of my head there should be at least one in there.
bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 01:32 AM UTC
Bill I'd send you the ones from my Revell kit - but alas there aren't any there either

All the reference photos I could find clearly show the tanks as a pretty much standard addition for the G4, so it seems strange that Dragon would omit them ( Revell I can understand especially in 1974)

Anyway my story will be that the tanks have been dropped so that they can get an extra couple of mph airspeed to catch up to "those damned Lancasters".

I hope your cry for help is answered.

Brian
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 05:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All the reference photos I could find clearly show the tanks as a pretty much standard addition for the G4, so it seems strange that Dragon would omit them ( Revell I can understand especially in 1974)

Brian, I should clarify: the DML kit is the C variant. The instructions show the drop tanks and attaching stanchions blued-out indicatiing "not used" but present. The sprues don't have the tanks, alas!

The RoG kit doesn't have them, but that's less a mystery given its age and origins.
 _GOTOTOP