_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Getting on the Site
mvfrog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 369 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 09:04 AM UTC
I am still getting the wrong startup screen. Also, when I went in the backdoor, through the Aeroscale home page, it asked for me to log on, and then would not take any of my information. Is anyone else having a difficult time with the site?

Matt
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 09:34 AM UTC
I have gotten 5 or so emails from users complaining about this. Obviously the vast majority aren't having a problem based on our forum posting stats, but for those that are this is one of the typical browser things. When the server came back online there was an hour or so when this Apache message was coming up, and that page was a flat HTML (index.html) page. Browsers if not set to automatically check for page updates, will cache these type pages and show you the same page every time you come back to a site. Since this page is now actually driven by index.php and not index.html, your browser is looking at the wrong page.

To fix this you can either do a forced refresh of the page using whatever keys your browser needs to do this (do a Google search for your browser/OS if you don't know) or delete your cached files in your browser (again if you don't know there will be plenty of how to pages on the net describing this).

To fix this from happening in the future with any site I recommend changing the caching setting in your browser to either not cache pages (if you have high-speed access) or to at least check for updated pages.

Thanks,
Jim
mvfrog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 369 posts
AeroScale: 104 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 04:04 PM UTC
Thanks, Jim: the cache trick worked. Everything now like it should be.

Matt
 _GOTOTOP