_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Tamiya 1/48 Scale Harrier
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
AeroScale: 13 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 02:18 AM UTC
Does anybody know where I can get a cockpit detail set for the 1/48 scale Tamiya Harrier. It's a pretty sparse set, I'm also looking for a set for the airfix 1/48 Harrier as well. I already have the Black Box Kit for the Monogram. I'm building a little stand with 3 different types of Harriers.

Ray
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 07:24 AM UTC
Sorry Ray, can't help with this. Maybe by responding and bringing this back to the front others might see it and be able to help. :-) GUYS?
Mal
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 07:52 AM UTC

Hi RayW, I did a search at www.hannants.co.uk/ and came up with some etched brass detail sets for those kits. If you open the home page and enter the following in the search there are a few to pick from.

Item type: etched parts (aircraft)
scale1: 48
ketword(s): harrier

Then click search and scroll down the page that opens to near the bottom. You can see what is available and may be able to get your local hobby store to order them for you if you don't want to order from Hannants themselves.
Hope this is of help
Martin
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
AeroScale: 13 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hi guys I found this info through Firing Line/FlightPath

Royal Navy Sea Harrier FRS.1 Detail and Weapons Set £19.90
For the Tamiya kit - this very large set includes canopy framing, and cockpit, undercarriage, airframe and weapon parts. The set also contains Dual Rail Adapter units and four AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles, a 1,000lb bomb and 2 x CBLS 100 Pods with practise bombs. This set features diorama parts, including an access ladder, FOD guards, R.N. wheel chocks, and tie-down points & hooks and RBF tags & pins.

I will be picking this up in the near future and let you inow how it works out.

Thanks

Ray
Spades
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 776 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:42 PM UTC
Ray, where did you find the accesories you found for the harrier. I have also been looking for aftermarket products for this kit and have not been so fortunate. Hoping you could direct me in the right direction thanks. #:-)
Vodnik
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
AeroScale: 78 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 02:06 AM UTC
Spades,

These accessories are available from Flighpath directly:
http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fltpath/fpmaster.htm

Regards,
Pawel
4-Eyes71
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 01:37 PM UTC
Does anyone know what paint brand has the exact color of the Sea Harrier. I'm building a Tamiya Sea Harrier (1/48). the instructions state that the upper fuselage is Extra Dark Sea Gray. I'm more of a Gunze user but I'm open to any recommendations and suggestions.
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 04:00 PM UTC
Hi,

I picked up the Neomega Resin Cockpit set for a Sea Harrier(for the WoW Campaign). It's an absolute beauty of a set, and really is a great replacement for that horrible kit cockpit.

This set contains a cockpit tub, a MB Mk10 seat, instrument panel, left and right fuse panels, and other bits and bobs. You'll find a review of this set here:
Review of Cockpit set

This set is available at Modelspot( http://www.modelspot.com/system/index.html

I can testify to the superbness of this kit. However, you'll be needing some surgery in the forward part of the fuselage, in and around the cockpit areas. I will be sending in a feature article soon on my SHAR, so you can take a look then.

HTH,
BP.
BlueBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 09:28 PM UTC
[quote]Hi guys I found this info through Firing Line/FlightPath

Royal Navy Sea Harrier FRS.1 Detail and Weapons Set £19.90
For the Tamiya kit - this very large set includes canopy framing, and cockpit, undercarriage, airframe and weapon parts. The set also contains Dual Rail Adapter units and four AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles, a 1,000lb bomb and 2 x CBLS 100 Pods with practise bombs. This set features diorama parts, including an access ladder, FOD guards, R.N. wheel chocks, and tie-down points & hooks and RBF tags & pins.

I will be picking this up in the near future and let you inow how it works out.

Thanks

Ray
[/quote

How about faces to go over the exhausts of the Tamiya Sea Harrier? I still get the shivers thinking about those things!

BlueBear sends
 _GOTOTOP