P-47D Razorback P.E. sets
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 01:11 PM UTC
Hi all,

It's been a long while since I've posted here, not been doing much modeling since the birth of our first child in Nov. I'm finishing up a Revell Bf-110 and am going to start a Hase P-47D Razorback and want to get a P.E. set for it. All the Eduard sets I've seen are for the bubble top "D" model or for the Tamiya kit. Will the bubble top stuff be accurate for the Razorback?

Thanks, and it's good to have glue on my fingers again.

-Derek
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 12:05 AM UTC
Derek:

The sets should be fine depending on what D model the Razorback is.( D-20, D-28 etc). Bubbletop refers to the all glass canopy.

If you want a bunch of research jump on over to the P-47 SIG on the site and poke around ask some questions and maybe even join the campaign.

Paul
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 04:58 AM UTC
Thanks Paul, I will do so.

I did find a set for the Hasegawa P-47 on Great Models' site, it is for the D-20. The kit I have is the "Pied Piper" P-47D, and I was unable to tell on the box or instructions if it is a D-20 or 25. So, well just run with it and call it good.

-Derek
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 07:37 AM UTC
Hi Dereck.
Quick reply I'm afraid as I'm just passing through,but the D20 is a Razorback and the D-25 was the first Bubbletop batch.
All the best
Nige
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 12:15 PM UTC
Thanks Nigel,

Yeah, I was able to track down the correct set. Based on what is offered on the after-market, the Tamiya kit seems to be the main focus. This P-47 will be done as a Tuskegee bird, in NMF. Can't wait to start it!

-Derek
PanzerMike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 298 posts
AeroScale: 120 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hey guys i was going to ask the same question - i have the rescue version of the razorback and i wanted to know if i could use the bubbletop eduard zoom set i have for it? Many thanks
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 12:36 AM UTC
Hi all.
There are plenty of areas that are the same with Razorbacks and Bubbletops where the PE sets are concerned. Most of these are exterior ( wheel wells etc), and naturally the seat belts.
You may find fit issues using a PE set designed for a Tamiya kit with a Haswgawa etc or visa versa though.
The Hasegawa "Rescue" P-47 is just a standard razorback with the 5th ERS decals. If memory serves me correctly there is no 5th ERS cowling artwork included in the decal sheet which is a shame.
Loon models do a nice resin dinghy/smoke marker set designed to be used with the Tamiya kits.
Hope this helps
Nige
 _GOTOTOP