_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Czech Stress Team Mig21UM
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hello everyone.

I have finished the building stage of my Mig21 and have come up with a problem. The Trumpeter instructions tell you to paint the upper wing surfaces and tailplane upper surfaces in blue (Gunze 25). Problem is all the reference photos I have seen hint at the tops of the wings being a brick colour. Has anyone out there got a picture showing the tops of the wings and tailplanes so I can get the correct colour?

The Trumpeter kit is excellent, but there are a few boo-boos in the colours and markings area. For the Stress team aircraft it is missing the nostrils painted under the nose of the aircraft. I will paint these free hand. The tongue under the aircraft should be red but is orange. Easily fixed by photo copying the decal sheet, cutting out the tongue, then using the remainder of the sheet as a large mask. simple really.

Thanks in advance.

Warren
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 08:42 PM UTC
Ah wait a sec. It actually tells you to paint them Mr Color 83, which they call red. I can't find a Mr Color 83 anywhere so I am going to paint them brick red, the same as the color on some of the decals.
 _GOTOTOP