_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Ju52/3m See float plans?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 10:55 AM UTC
Hey folks, I'm reaching out for anyone who knows where I can find scale float drawings, to be converted to 1/48 scale, for the revell Ju52/3m I have...I want to make her a float plane. I tried google searches and haven't found any multi views of the floats, junkers or henshel, that were used on her.
Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance......

EDIT - the other and slightly larger floats were made by "heinkel"...not henshel...my mistake/typo!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 08:41 PM UTC
Hi Bob

unfortunately I am lacking dawings too, but just to give you a hint, there are two Schwimmer sets that you can buy.

The Cutting Edge thingie might be a bit hard to get as Meteor is oob. It represents the larger type. and then there is Master-X which is kind of garage production, but still you will get the floats and stuff plus some decals .... I did a review with some photos once: Ju 52 floats (sorry, it is in German)

all the best

Steffen

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 - 06:32 AM UTC
Yah gotta love bablefish!
the above translated to english
I saw his email addy, but I question if I wrote him for availability and pricing, and yes, I'd get it, if he'd be able to understand english?
Thanks for the heads up!!! That's exactly what I want to do!
Oh, what MDC kit had those other shown floats?
Checking the squadron book, the early floats were smaller than the later, slightly larger heinkel ones.
Oooops, I posted the question here as "henshel!"...well, I got the "H" right!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 - 06:49 AM UTC
Hi Bob

I communicate with him in English, so you should be fine ...

Hmm .. so I was wrong and it is not a CE but an MDC set. Thats good as it still should be available:
http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/productpage.cfm/ModelDesignConstruction/_CV48032/-/Ju%2052%20Floatplane

all the best

Steffen
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 - 07:11 AM UTC
Thanks steffen!!!!!!!!!! I just ordered them...$28 and some small change US...yeah, I did that!

Oh, FWIW...if you ever readily need a translator try "altivista.com" then go to translate. She'll do most any language you might run into.
Thanks again sir! -Bob
 _GOTOTOP