Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell Messeschmitt 110G4 Question
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:11 AM UTC
Hi Gang,i`m about to start the above beastie in 1/32nd scale but i was wondering about the bomb rack under the fuselage.I was wondering if this was left on all fighter versions and why ?.On the day fighter (C) version it says in the instructions that the racks are to be left off as they were never fitted to fighters !.
A little clarification would be gratefully appreciated.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 11:15 AM UTC
The under belly bomb rack is there in all versions from what I have seen in ME 110 Walk Around. I don't know if it was a factory installation or what.

You will also need underwing fuel tanks.
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 07:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The under belly bomb rack is there in all versions from what I have seen in ME 110 Walk Around. I don't know if it was a factory installation or what.

You will also need underwing fuel tanks.

Hi Bill,Thanks for replying to yet another 110 quiery,i have ordered a couple from MDC and now i will have to study where they fit on the wing (i remember the shape of them from the Matchbox 1/72nd scale kit !).
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have ordered a couple from MDC and now i will have to study where they fit on the wing (i remember the shape of them from the Matchbox 1/72nd scale kit !).

The Squadron book is really vital to doing this project correctly (mine is dog-eared and falling apart at this point). The Osprey book is good except it's for 1/48th scale and relies a great deal on AM upgrades that don't exist in 1/32nd. The only major ones are the Eduard PE and the Jerry Rutman resin ones (all reviewed by me here.

The wing tanks go just outboard of the nacelles. They have two sets of "N"-shaped braces and a "Y" brace, along with hoses for the fuel. Various photos show them as being stencilled Keine Bombe ("not a bomb") or not; the stencils are included on the EagleCals set for the Dragon kit, even though the C-7 did not have wing tanks (the braces are included in the DML kit, but the tanks are not, though they show up on the instruction sheet as not being used in the kit).
 _GOTOTOP