_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Revell 1/72 Super Hornet canopy question
james84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
AeroScale: 377 posts
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 - 09:15 PM UTC
Hello!
I just received a big package from Lucky Model with Revell's new 1/72 F-22 and Super Hornet. Despite a customs tax which made the whole package cost €10 more than expected (F**K OFF!!! The package arrived in Italy in 4 days but stood at Milan for 10 days, but at least the boxes are very big and attractive... All the money I managed to save by shopping on the internet vanished today) which literally ruined my day, I was observing the Hornet's sprues and one thing sprang up to my eyes.
Look at the front canopy (photo from IPMS Deutschland)

I found an asymmetric front canopy as well, exactly like the one shown in the photo. Is that dent on the right side normal or is it a production issue? I expect that there is some asimmetry on this aircraft, but not being a Hornet expert... what would you say?
I won't have the time to build these models until september/october, but I could say that the Raptor seems more attractive than the Hornet: it's really big and features a (big - almost as big as the one of the F-16 in 1/48!!!) yellowed canopy. The cockpit is a bit of a disappointment, as there are no lateral consoles (only decals) and the front panel features decals to depict the LCD screens and a seat with safety belts, but it's really promising. Looking forward to build them!
 _GOTOTOP