_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
airfix 1/72nd harrier gr3
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 - 10:25 AM UTC
hi guys was in hobbycraft store earlier this evening and saw the harrier gr3 model starter kit and had to buy it my first model was the harrier gr7 i think but i love harriers =]
so im going to do a build log on this =] ( mainly do armor )

upon inspection of the kit theres quite abit of flash and quite some detail missing mind you only being a starter kit for youngens to get into the hobby i suppose this wont matter but ill clean up and make something of it. the kit supplies to sheets of decals both the same. so theres extras for any mistakes or another harrier. just having to decide which colour scheme to paint it now either white and light sea grey or dark sea grey and dark green??

ill be posting more pictures tommorow

if anyone can give any info i may have missed etc id be greatful
thanks in advance
tony
Blueheeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 347 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hey Anthony! Just wondering how this is turning out for you? Hopefully see some photos soon? Have a good one
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 07:14 AM UTC
hey nick sorry ive not uploaded any pics yet

ive taken the pics off my mobile so pics wont be that good. but im stuck the files is on my pc but its not a jpeg file so i cant upload it i need to change it to jpeg file but im struggling with it so im going to attempt again this weekend and hopefully get something up.

plus i have decided to go with the colour for the falkland war. just wondering what the ground would be like maybe captured airfield =/ i watched a documentry about falkland war and 1 airfield was bombed by harrier so badly it was just a graveyard to the argentinians that once occupied that airfield

i will make some effort to get pics up
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 09:25 AM UTC
okie dokie guys

ive finally solved my problem

and here are the 1st update pictures. this is my first build log so please bear with me.
ive cleaned up the flash on the main body. and assembled the wings. but the wings were abit of a hastle so abit of clean up on them. the vents on each side of the aircraft that deliver the thrust from the enginge allow you to make a mechanism in side so that you can place them in downward for vertical or horizontal or diagonal but its a tricky system so im going to go with a horizontal positioning as i plan for this harrier to be taxing.

so heres a picture ( sorry for the quality camera phone )

cheers tony
panzerIV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 11:39 PM UTC
helloo guys

sorry its bin such a long time since posting but ive had some troubles ups and downs
so ive been doin what i could. the frame went together but it doesnt align properly so in the wheel bay you can see 1 is lower than the other =/ this probably aint a problem as you dont really see the wheel bay unless your stood underneath it while its taking off vertically but thats just silly lol

but the burner at the back i need to install them aswell as everything else but im replacing the burn plate ( if thats what its called ) for the rear burner make it curved like it is on the actual aircraft and then alot of tidying up as theres quite a few gaps within the model

and heres what i did last nyt... hope you like

all coments welcome

tony
 _GOTOTOP