_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard 1/48 Avia B.534 Series III
CMOT70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 629 posts
AeroScale: 539 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 12:30 AM UTC
Finished this one today, on record breaking pace this year...this being completed model number 22. Looking set to easily pass last years 24 models for the year. Must keep working through that stash...must stop adding to that stash!

A straigtforward build in the end. And don't worry i noticed the crooked gunsight when looking at the pics, that is fixed now.

I was slightly worried about the upper wing mounting at first, it being held up by struts all set at angles. My eyeball method of aligning biplanes is better suited to subjects with nice straight up and down struts. But my eyeball held up, everything measures up and aligned perfectly in the end...i even checked with a ruler.

I took a long look at those tiny fiddly etched rigging attachments that Eduard supplied and decided to take the easy way out and just use my normal method of drilling holes for the rigging. I mean, if i'm in the mood for something mind numbingly tedious, fiddly and boring i may as well just go in to work and get paid overtime for it. Which is why i leave out ridiculously tiny photo-etch almost everytime. But if you love that sort of thing then feel free! Like the old saying goes "Whatever yanks your crank...".

Andrew
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 12:57 AM UTC
Very nice model

Cheers Nick
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 01:10 AM UTC
Hi Andrew!

Excellent model, congratulations!

Steffen, where are you? Look at that!

Jean-Luc
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 01:28 AM UTC
Very nice looking, I really like how you weather the green color.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 01:34 AM UTC
hi Andrew

originally I did not want to post in this thread, because it just turns up a bad mood in me.

Very nice model!

and the following is just for J-L!

Hallo Jean-Luc

Du bist echt fies!

Dafür habe ich die bescheidenen Ätzteile aus dem Bausatz für die Kabelspanner und flache Ätzteile für die Verspannung genommen .. so wie es beim Original war .. was mir aber das Leben bzw. Bauen nicht gerade erleichtert

all the best

Steffen
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 02:20 AM UTC
Another fine build Andrew !

_GOTOTOP