Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Mig 3 question
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 02:06 AM UTC
Before I splah out any money can someone tell me how good the Revell 1/72 Mig 3 is? Also the same question for the Trumpeter 1/48 Mig 3. Is there any online kit reviews for these?

thanks Mike
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 02:42 AM UTC
Hi Mike

The Revell MiG-3 is a very old kit. My pal Volker bought the finished Trumpeter/HobbyBoss/whateverchicomcompanythatwas as it was the best MiG-3 "kit" on the market. IIRC this was also issued as kit later.

The Trumpeter 48 scale MiG-3s are pretty nice but not free of faults. Several cockpit sets are available and other AM stuff too. have not built mine yet, as I want to add an AM pit but did not buy one yet. There are several reviews online .. ever heard of a thing called google (I would have to search myself, as I have no links stored: Hyperscale, ARC, Modelling Madness, probably Cybermodeler and Internet Modeler should all have a review --- I am not sure if one is here) -- I have one of the late version on my site, but I guess German won't help you much.

all the best

Steffen
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 10:55 PM UTC
Thanks - I know some German words but your right I can't read everything in German! I do use google but it seems to be hard finding reviews of the more 'mainstream' manufacturers kits, you find a few but not all you want. I'll try the Hobby Boss Mig 3 then in 1/72.

thanks
Mike
TuomasH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
AeroScale: 279 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 11:16 PM UTC
Here is two reviews in Cybermodeler - they are more like "whats in the box?" reviews as typical for Cybermodeler.

Trumpeter 1/48
MiG-3 Early Version

Trumpeter 1/48
MiG-3 Late Version
mbittner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
AeroScale: 171 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:30 AM UTC
Here's a review - and update - of the Hobby Boss MiG-3 from Internet Modeler (and like Internet Modeler, it's a full build review, and not just an in-the-box preview):

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/may/aviation/hb_mig.php
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 03:01 AM UTC
Thanks for that - it's my mate's favourite plane so I'll get that for his birthday i think.

thanks
Mike
 _GOTOTOP