_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Israeli Jet interior colour question
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 04:07 AM UTC
I have some IAF early jets in my stash and was thinking of getting to work on them but I have a problem. Some of the instructions don't say what the interior colours are. By that I mean the cockpit interior and landing gear bays and struts. I have the following to build. Meteor F8, Meteor NF, Mystere IV and a Super Mystere. Can anyone help me with these? I was looking to start with the Super Mystere.

thanks
Mike
DonSS3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 01:49 AM UTC
While I can't speak with any degree of authority, something tells me black cockpits for all the above. I'm not sure about the gear bays, though.

vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 03:09 AM UTC
they are likely to be the same color as the original manufacturer made them.

for the Meteor NF, that would be a flat black (use very dark gray for scale effect) cockpit and aluminum wheel wells.

here is a super mystere cockpit shot - looks like black again:

light gray is the best guess on the wheel wells for the super mystere, but don't hold me to that.
MikeMx
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 649 posts
AeroScale: 434 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 04:23 AM UTC
Thanks all - I've been trying to find pics of the insides of a Super Mystere but had no luck. Black seems an odd colour to me! I was expecting some kind of grey. I've just had a thought - maybe RLM66 Black Grey might to the job, taking the scale effect into consideration.

thanks
Mike
 _GOTOTOP