_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
ACUTR Build
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2009 - 01:38 PM UTC
I sizned up for the Acutr Campaign where you scratch build your project or some of it .
Since the aircraft I will be doing is early avaition the build log will be done here .

The subject ....................Sierra Scale Models of the Aviatik - Berg D.I in 48 scale kit number 48002 . Now I don't have all of the kit . The only parts I have are the two fuselage sides main wings and tail parts . I will try and do everything else , or that's my plan anyway .For ref's on this project I will be using the Windsock data file #45 .And a few stuff for some helpful members .

pic's will be coming soon ..............................
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 03:13 PM UTC
Construction has started on this build . Fuselage have been cut from the sheet . engine cowl and access ports cut out . I was going to show pic's of this but I forgot to snap the pic's Wings haven't been cut yet and will to it with them . Don't see very many vac kit's being done .

I came across this article on the net . Vacform Modelling by John W . Adams ( www.aeroclub-models.com
Rowan ( Merlin ) has an article on vacfrom building as well , I think

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 10:46 AM UTC
Good luck Terri. It looks like you are starting well.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 02:40 PM UTC
Thanks Stephen ! I have a year to do the build so I don't have to rush at it . Still have to figure out what to do about the engine , it needs one ! Which i don't have . Was planning on casting the Flashback kit , but to be honest it's a very poor choice . I'm looking forward to doing the fuselage in a wood grain . I'm sorry but the lozenge for these aircraft is very ugly !
 _GOTOTOP