_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-38/F-5
Veliki
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Saone-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 75 posts
AeroScale: 52 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 01:51 AM UTC
Hello,
I've finished few days ago this model. From the Monogram box. Pretty old (released in 1966...), engraved and riveted. Hard built because nothing fits correctly. Nevertheless, I wanted to reach something appropriated to modern standarts with it !
I hope like it. Metal finish with a coat of As-12 bare metal Tamiya bomb and polished with graphit powder. The subject depicts the last F-5 St Exupery flew on in july 1944...
Cheers,
Anis.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 02:06 AM UTC
Hi Anis,

Wow, fantastic looking model! And what seems to have been a very complicated and ambitious build. Is there any chance we can do a feature about it for Aeroscale?

Jean-Luc
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 02:37 AM UTC
Hi Anis

I agree with Jean-Luc that this should definitely be on the front page! Fantastic work!

By coincidence, I'm in the middle of packing my Stash ready to move home and came across one of these old kits yesterday. I nearly threw it away! I'm very glad I didn't, now you've shown us just how good it can still look!

All the best

Rowan
Veliki
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Saone-et-Loire, France
KitMaker: 75 posts
AeroScale: 52 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 02:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Anis,

Wow, fantastic looking model! And what seems to have been a very complicated and ambitious build. Is there any chance we can do a feature about it for Aeroscale?

Jean-Luc

Hi JL
Let me know what you need exactly. I'm happy that Monogram, one of my favorite, is still on the edge !
Cheers,
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 06:06 AM UTC
Superb work, especially considering the kit.

I hadn't heard about the disappearance of St Exupery in an F-5 before. I knew about Adiran Warburton's disappearance (April 1944), also in an F-5. Interesting how both these mysteries were solved within a few years of each other.
 _GOTOTOP