_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Help with an A-7D Corsair II
Nailz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:28 PM UTC
Hi all,

Been a member here for a little while now but have pretty much just been lurking and learning I have built up a few models and feel I am at the point where I can trust myself to do a decent job with respect to my Hasegawa LTV A-7D Corsair II. This was my favorite aircraft when I was growing up and I want to make sure I have the right armanents on it, etc... I notice in the directions the instructions recommend the Aircraft in Action series to make things more realistic, ie. weapons? I did a search for these and there were a ton to choose from, which one do I get?

I would appreciate any recommendations along with recommendations on a good cockpit kit and anything else you feel would add to the realism of this aircraft.

Thanks again for your help and a great site!
Nailz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:30 PM UTC
looks like I should have posted this to the aircraft forum section, the noob apologizes guys....
m1garand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:35 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama! You should have a message waiting for you. The envelope at the top left of the page.
m1garand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:37 PM UTC
As to your original questions, 2 members come to mind that should be able to help you, Ladymodelbuilder and Tin_Can.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
AeroScale: 510 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 12:17 AM UTC
Poof....and magically it has been moved to Aircraft. I'd like to see other forums do that.

Jim
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 04:32 AM UTC
First of all, welcome to the site. Always great to have another aircraft modeler.

I headed over to amazon to check on the book. I searched for "Aircraft in Action Corsair" and got three responses-two on A-7 Corsair II's and one on the F4U Corsair. The two books about the A-7 are out of print (what I figured) but there are 3 available of one of the books in their marketplace so you may still be able to get one used. Here's the link to the book that has 3 available. Click here. Hope this helps.
Nailz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 01:56 PM UTC
That is great stuff, but I am really trying to find out what kits to buy for the model itself, I searched on the Aircraft in Action series and found 7 or 8 different sets of bombs, missiles, etc.... which one do I need to get for this model? Also, I need a recommendation on a good cockpit detail kit.

Thanks again for all the help.
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 08:06 PM UTC
I would check on http://www.squadron.com or go to the IPMS/USA homepage.
On the IPMS page there are alot of special interesr groups in the aircraft section. There should be one one on the A-7. [ http://www.ipmsusa.org I hope that this is of some help to ya.

Welcome to the site!!!
 _GOTOTOP