_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
SBD-3 Decal Dilemma
Killerbe83
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 03:12 AM UTC
Being late to the modeling game, I'm building my first Accurate Miniatures 1:48 SBD-3 Dauntless. I was planning on building "Swede" Vejtasa's S-10 Battle of Coral sea plane. The decals that came with the stock kit will not get me very far.

In particular I need the correct Star w/ red center and the red/white 13 bar striped tail decals. The letter/number squadron markings i can probably create using Tamiya tape. And I guess I could mask off the tail with the stripes. Just don't have much practice with masking.

If anyone has any information, hints, or possible a decal sheet with the colors and markings I need would be great.

The only company to made a decal sheet in 1:48 of "Swede" Vejtasa's plane was Meteor Productions (sheet YHD32018). Well since they no longer exist, does anyone on here happen to have this decal sheet that they are will to part with. Willing to pay whatever the market price would have been when they were being made.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dirkpitt289
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 307 posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 06:23 AM UTC
I'm trying to build the same plane in 1/72 scale. I have the correct stars and stripes for the tail but I need the correct numbers in black.

If anyone knows where I can find them please shout it out.

Dirk
 _GOTOTOP