_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/32nd scale Lancaster
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 07:52 AM UTC
How many of you are planing to take on the 1/32nd scale multi media media from Hachette partworks of the Avro Lancaster? I have got nearly all the parts to do my 1/200th scale Bismarck from them, and while it has not been the easiest task I have set myself I have enjoyed building it. I am now seriously considering starting on this bad boy, after all it will have an aluminum skin so should look the part.
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 08:43 AM UTC
To be honest I won't be as I find "part works" a rip off
£4.99 a month for a magazine and several small parts spread over 125 issues works out £623.75.
You could by a 1/4 scale radio controlled Lancaster for £470 plus radio gear and still have change to buy a couple of Tamiya 1/48 Lancasters
warreni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
AeroScale: 2,201 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 10:49 AM UTC
I doubt very much whether it will be released downunder. Maybe a good buy on Ebay in the future?
05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
AeroScale: 258 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 12:51 PM UTC
Monster dam buster!!! Love 1/32,part-of-the-month club might as well be swine flu.
Ahem,Revell?
cheers!
Rick
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 07:16 PM UTC
Allen I see your point as regards price but I do not have that kind of money to hand, and if I started to save I can guarantee it will end up being used for other things which are not model related. That is why I an seriously considering taking on this project.
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 06:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Allen I see your point as regards price but I do not have that kind of money to hand, and if I started to save I can guarantee it will end up being used for other things which are not model related. That is why I an seriously considering taking on this project.

Darren,I do have to admit in sharing your view on this,whist £600.00-odd quid is a lot of money but taking it this way way it can`t be missed - some people spend that on ciggies a day !.
If you`re happy with it - go for it,personally i would but i can`t as i`ve got nowhere to put it when it`s finished !!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 07:41 PM UTC
Hi there

If anyone does go for it, it'd certainly make for a stunning Blog! One thing though, looking at the info page on their website, I'm not sure if you'll also be charged for binders (and how many of them there are). I couldn't see a confirmed total price, so I'd want to check that with them before signing up.

All the best

Rowan
tornado64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 203 posts
AeroScale: 57 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 02:14 AM UTC
first look at the negatives 1 the price and hidden costs 2 the risk you might not get every part and if not popular may finnish publishing halfway through the build !! wich could happen as things are at the moment !!
3 is it perfect in all dimentions etc for the money spent it would have to be for me

now the possitives as mentioned 1 it is cheaper than drinking and smoking 2 you would build slower so concentrate on getting it all perfect , 3 you would get an authorative library on lancasters 4 it is in a scale that you can get a spit and hurricane in to make a nice set and 5 will give something to look forward to and do every week at an affordable broken down price !!
 _GOTOTOP