_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Portfolio questions.
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 88 posts
AeroScale: 79 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2009 - 01:25 AM UTC
Greetings all,

At the urging of several enthusiastic forum members viewing my 'flying plastic' photographs, I've had a look at the 'Portfolio' section to see about posting images there, but....I'm not at all sure how to do it!

I've looked at 'upload photos' and am very pleased that I can do so direct from my computer instead of through Photobucket, but I can't see any provision for adding explanatory text. I've also had a look at 'my photos' (which also comes up with the portfolio page), but don't know if I'm supposed to go through that. Likewise with 'my albums', and I don't know what is meant by 'default titles'.

As I've only fairly recently joined the computer age, there's an awful lot that I don't know or understand...especially when people offer advice in 'computerspeak'!

So, can some kind forum member please give me some step-by-step instructions for how to post photos, with notes, into the portfolio...preferably in simple terms? I could fly an aeroplane many years ago, but with these computers...I'm still in kindergarten!

Thanks everyone,

Tim.
robot_
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 719 posts
AeroScale: 691 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2009 - 02:12 AM UTC
Hi Tim,

Probably best to ask Rowan or Jean-Luc in a private message or email, as I've not submitted a portfolio before: but I guess you can submit in the same way as other types of features- type up some text, and attach it and the photos to an email to [email protected] However, I'd check first before emailing huge numbers of images!
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2009 - 02:35 AM UTC
Thanks Ben, Rowan and Jean-Luc actually both urged me to submit to the portfolio, so yes...perhaps they can tell me how to do it!

Cheers!

Tim.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2009 - 04:26 AM UTC
Hai Tim,

I very much enjoyed your flying plastic as well. You may be a novice computer user but you are already a very proficient modeller and photographer.

Robot_ is right. Just make a zip file containing the photos you would like to have in the portfolio, add a text that you want to see together with them and send them to the email address Robot_ mentions. the rest is, at least from your viewpoint, automatic
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2009 - 06:35 AM UTC
Thanks Drabslab...I've been modelling since 1965, so I suppose I should be reasonably good at it by now!

I'll figure out this photo posting business eventually (and the lingo that goes with it...zip file?), but right now a rather special lady wants to chat with me on Facebook...gawd, I NEVER thought I'd be a Facebook junkie!

Cheers!

Tim.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2009 - 08:22 AM UTC
Hi Tim,

To do a Portfolio, basically, you have to do... nothing.

Well, this is not quite right as you can imagine, but most of the work will be done by the Aeroscale Staff (in this case me ). The only thing you have to do is give us an agreement to use your pictures (though the site won't own their copyright, everything will still remain yours).

If the pictures you have posted in your Flying plastic thread are the only ones you have (by "only" I mean the size and not the quantity), I will download them and edit them in the Portfolio format. We can discuss the design of it if you feel the current one isn't to your liking. We can also group the pictures to make theme based Portfolios given the amount of material you have.

Below is an example of how it could look like...

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask...

Jean-Luc
Tango-India-Mike
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 11:43 PM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc...they look pretty good like that, don't they?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, though, I'm having major problems with my computer until I can get a technician here (maybe next week) to sort it all out for me. So, I'm afraid the portfolio will have to wait. At present I'm still able to post messages like this, but even that is showing signs of breaking down. I'll type a couple of lines and then it just stops, so I have to wait for the computer to catch up and let me continue...all very annoying.

All the best in the meantime!

Tim.
 _GOTOTOP