_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
anyone built special hobby Nardi F.N. 305?
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
AeroScale: 369 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 - 09:23 PM UTC
hello! im have the Special Hobby Nardi F.N. 305 * italian trainer variant* on the way, it looks like a nice kit, * i believe its short run?* has anyone built this, and are there any Blogs on the forum? im going to use this a a Pre build to my P-40, and i cant see much info anywhere about it, Google searches brought up a minimal amount of sites that werent shops

so if there are any blogs around on here, or you have experience or tips, please share!!

James out
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 - 09:53 PM UTC
Hi James

What a concidence. I came across the kit the week before last, still unbuilt (surprise, surprise! ), while packing my Stash ready to move. I did a quick Review when it first came out which should give you an idea what to expect. I'll look forward to seeing how your build goes.

All the best

Rowan
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:01 PM UTC
Hey Rowan! i must say i saw your review last night * i do like to make sure im getting my moneys worth* and you seem to do a LOT of reviews!! mush be some stash you have!

I hope my build does succed, as my aircraft arent nowhere near as good as my Tanks, and ill be waiting on a AB to finish this one. and the P-40 lol!!

thanks for your reply!

been browsing, and got some sites w/ pictures

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/other2/fn305.html

http://www.giemmesesto.org/settori/aerei/Nardi305/nardi305.html
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 - 11:42 PM UTC
Cheers James

Well, I am trying to do fewer reviews these days to allow more time to actually build some models - but that's easier said than done...

All the best

Rowan
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 12:17 AM UTC
i Think we are opposites! i have trouble peeling myself away from anything to do a review!
of course if i receive a sample form armorama, i put it up as instantly as i can, but reviews of products i have self purchased seem to remain " in the pipe"
how does being ME affect your building time? from the end of august, you have put up more reviews and features than i have completed models in the last 3 years!

it looks like it is easier said than done. but im starting work again soon, so i may be off the forums a bit more.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...how does being ME affect your building time?

Hi again

What's building time?

No, to be honest, the Staffers here are so great, I really have no excuse for not building more - especially if I can make good on my promise to myself to cut down on the number of reviews I write.

I'm all packed up ready to move home in a few days time, so I'll be itching to get on with building something once I get settled!

All the best

Rowan
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 01:45 AM UTC
good luck with the move!!

Damn ! hannant havent even posted this out yet, Damn their slow delivery time!
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 02:46 AM UTC
Cheers James

I hope your Nardi arrives soon - Hannants are certainly selling it at a very attractive price. If I didn't already have the kit in the Stash, I'd grab one myself.

All the best

Rowan
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 02:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If I didn't already have the kit in the Stash, I'd grab one myself.

Its a bit of luck that you know whats in your stash now, otherwise Castle Aeroscale would have a twin (again) .
Andy
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hi Andy

Twin? How abbout triplets - I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the three 1:48 Revell/Monogram Dornier Do 217s that I'd forgotten about!

I guess they'd make one heck of a diorama!...

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

- I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the three 1:48 Revell/Monogram Dornier Do 217s that I'd forgotten about!

Hi Rowan

i think I have 4 of those .. one is half finished with some AM stuff from Andreas Duda, one will be a K (already have Bill Kosters set) ... I still Hope revell will bring out the Do217J nightfighter well and Andreas Duda and Mike West are working on Do217N conversions ... since years ....

should finish the started one ... but sooooooo many projects (just dug out some old ... I mean OLD ... ww1 projects)

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 04:00 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

Well, I also have two MPM vacuform '217s - a 'K and an 'N, I think (sadly, I had to trash Koster's vacuform while packing because it was so badly battered and really unrepairable).

It would be great if Revell released new versions - the 'E is a really nice kit!

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 04:12 AM UTC

Hi Rowan

I try to convince them since years to bring out the J (not that I have the slightest influence) .. IMO put on some kill marks on the rudder and it should sell much better than the E .. but the Do217E - despite being one of the best kits from the "Korean phase" - was no success, thus it is like fighting windmills.

I was told once that the J is ready (by someone who should know), but the production designer said it is not ... so I guess the non modelling management does not allow it ... you know: throwing good money after bad ...

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 04:34 AM UTC
Hi again

It's a real shame the 'E wasn't the commercial success that it deserved to be. That's the reason I've got so many of them, because they sold off surplus stock cheaply in the UK to clear the shelves. The were so cheap, I almost thought of buying them as glorified detail sets for the MPM vacuforms! Almost sacrilege, really, for such fine kits...

All the best

Rowan
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 06:46 AM UTC
4 of the same kit!!! stash envy!!
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 06:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

4 of the same kit!!! stash envy!!

Hi James

Believe me, a big Stash is all very well - until you have to move home! I knew I had a lot of kits, but actually packing them all up was a real shock - and I'm still not sure if I've got room for them all where I'm moving to... I guess I'll find out on Friday.

All the best

Rowan
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 10:03 AM UTC
well, i may settle for a medium size stash! but for now! my minimalism shall be seen as a form of art!!.
 _GOTOTOP