_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Problems finding correct decals.
CCalvin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 01:49 AM UTC
So I’m going to build an OLD Fujimi 1/48 Grumman F-14A Tomcat but the decals are missing from the box, the cockpit for the kit requires decals for the instrument panels have no molded detail. I’ve searched all over the net looking for someone who sells these decals but haven’t been successful in my search. Any help would be highly appreciated. I’ve thought about buying an aftermarket cockpit but being that this kit is old and lack a lot of detail these modern kits have I figure I will build it out of box.
pigsty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
AeroScale: 640 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 09:21 PM UTC
You could try posting here or on Aircraft Resource Center in the trade forums. Many kits, not just the Fujimi ones, come with decals, and many people don't use them for one reason or another. There may slight differences from one kit to another but those should be easy enough to work round. Someone is bound to be able to spare you theirs (not me, though - I don't have a 1/48 Tomcat, I'm afraid).

However ... if it's 1/48 and Fujimi ... I'm not familiar with that kit, but does it actually have nothing but flat plastic for the instrument panels and require decals? If so - eeeww!
CCalvin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 07:01 AM UTC
Yea tell me about it, you should see the pilot figures it's even more of a joke. To be fair it is a really really old kit, if I don’t build it it will just sit there and continue to be a really really old unfinished kit.
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 12:35 AM UTC
I'll check the stash and spare decals to see if I have any you could have.
Keeperofsouls2099
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 2,798 posts
AeroScale: 2,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 02:20 PM UTC
use eduard color photo etch good stuff
 _GOTOTOP