_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
NEWS
1:48 F-5E Tiger II from AFV Club
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 10:13 AM UTC

Already present at the Nürnberg Toy Fair, here is the cover artwork of the new 1:48 scale AFV Club F-5E Tiger II kit, plus another surprise from the company...

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
skyhawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
AeroScale: 52 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 11:28 AM UTC
im in line! cant wait to get a hold of a couple of these... If this is up to AFV clubs ususal standards then this could set some new expectations in the aircraft model world. Most modern jets are woefully behind the times in cockpit and landing gear bay details...with all the slide mold/ multimedia techonolgy out there, im expecting a great kit.

and I wonder if a F-5F isnt too far behind! better hurry and finish my rescribe monogram w/ black box pits build i started years ago!

andy...dusting off the several sets of F-5E decals
skyhawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
AeroScale: 52 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
oh and it looks like from the box art it comes with LEX extentions. I wonder if it will also have the other option plus both styles of noses?

we can only hope!
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 11:34 AM UTC
yes, please!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 10:38 PM UTC
Hi all

I am a bit disappointed that there are no sprue shots yet .. maybe the HLJ footage wil bring some of that. The boxart is already known since the Nuremberg Toy Fair this year ... and there was another announcment for a F-5E (IIRC Bronco, but I am not sure) ...

Hmm on a 2nd thought, didn't we have a post with a built up model here (i mentioned the not deflected control surfaces and someone responded this is fully correct this way .... damn Altzheimer (BTW what was his first name ... see, it already started )

all the best

Steffen
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 - 12:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

oh and it looks like from the box art it comes with LEX extentions. I wonder if it will also have the other option plus both styles of noses?

we can only hope!

Indeed. I'm hoping.

-YL
This post was removed.
 _GOTOTOP