Modern aircraft of the United States.
Boeing 757
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 12:55 PM UTC
Here is a Minicraft Boeing 757 I completed in 1/144 scale. The kit went together okay, except the wings don't fit right against the fuselage, sort of disappointing.
It is painted to look the the new Northwest Airlines livery scheme. I hope you enjoy looking at it. Unlike it's brother,or would it be sister, the MD-80 these decals went on without distengrating! Hope that never happens again. Russell

NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 09:27 AM UTC
Looks very good

Cheers Nick
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 02:25 PM UTC
Thank you Nick for your kind words. I love my military aircraft subjects but every now and then it is nice to change things up and build a civil bird. I wish there was more commuter aircraft, injection molded and reasonably priced out there along with some general aviation aircraft offerings. Guess the civil stuff just dosen't draw as much as the military stuff. Again, thanks. Russell
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 09:55 PM UTC
nice built!

I have never done any civil subject myself.
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 11:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I love my military aircraft subjects but every now and then it is nice to change things up and build a civil bird

Me too
Fly-n-hi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 04:48 AM UTC
Looks really good.

I, too, like building 1/144 airliners. I like the colorfol paintjobs and the variety of planes. One thing, though...you have the wrong engines on it. The NWA 757s have Pratt & Whitney engines. Your model has Rolls Royce engines.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 01:08 PM UTC
I thought so about the engines. I did some research after looking at them and determined they were Rolls-Royce engines and not Pratt&Whitney. They are however, the only engines that came with the model kit. I don't know if after market engines are available or not. You've got a keen eye there, good call. Russell
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 02:17 PM UTC
Siderius,

The finish is great! Can't wait to see it in person in a week.

F
Fly-n-hi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I thought so about the engines. I did some research after looking at them and determined they were Rolls-Royce engines and not Pratt&Whitney. They are however, the only engines that came with the model kit. I don't know if after market engines are available or not. You've got a keen eye there, good call. Russell

Thanks. I'm actually an airline pilot in the real world.

Minicraft does make 757s with both engine types. I know the TWA and Northwest (OC) 757s have the PW engines but I don't know that its worth buying new models just for the engines.

Besides, only a few people are going to notice the wrong engines on yours. I'd just leave it alone.
 _GOTOTOP