Modern aircraft of the United States.
blue angels
panzerschrek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:31 PM UTC
hey im building a blue angels kit well its not going so good ive got brand new paints and i still get klumpage i just dont know what to do any more its driving me insaine i need some tips can anybody help me this is my third week working on the thing so im not rushing i need alot of help sometimes i just want to shoot it
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:40 PM UTC
Panzerschrek, try and explain the problem a little more. It sounds like your saying that your paint is clumping up. Are you airbrushing or brush painting? The more detail about what your doing, the better chance we have of helping.
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2003 - 12:48 PM UTC
If you're airbrushing, I might suggest adding a little thinner to the paint. Hell a little thinner will help even brush painting. HTH STUG
panzerschrek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 05:23 AM UTC
well im using a regular brush from testors just like airwarrior uses when he does his models i guess i just stink but then again im still new to the modeling
TwistedFate
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 09:43 AM UTC
I'm guessing it's probably the infamous brushed on acrylic problem. If you are using acrylics try adding some extender to it so it will dry slower.
panzerschrek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 04:49 AM UTC
i oly use enamel paints so i just suck then if thats what you are telling me and honestly i do
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 04:57 AM UTC
I don't think you should ber so hard on yourself.
We all started somewhere, and we all started with the same issues you're encountering now.
But all of here have stuck with the hobby, matured, and refined our skills (even the people who don't check their references and paint M-41's pink). The key thing is practice, practice, practice.
Tools also make a difference, but not all of us can afford an airbrush and compressor, etc. And in some cases it doesn't make sense to buy that stuff untill you're a little further along.
Like life, modeling is about patientce and stick-to-it-ness.
Stick with it -- both this kit and the hobby -- it'll all come around sooner or later....

HTH
panzerschrek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 10:46 AM UTC
thanx welll it might be my crappy work station i mean its the back porch in a centeral florida home and even in the shade it can get almost 110dagrees mabey its just too darn hot mabey ill just try to go in a cooler place in my house

and about how much is an air brush because i alredy have an ait compressor
mavrick1124
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 188 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:58 PM UTC
Testors Blus Angel Blue in a spray can is crap. It doesn't matter how good you shake it or how long it has bad habits of drying before it hits and other areas it covers perfect. No consistancy. The only way to get it right is to airbrush it out of the bottle. Been there done that LOL. Mav
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 01:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and about how much is an air brush because i alredy have an ait compressor

You can get a good Paasche H for about $40. This is a dual action and you can get great results form it. Here's a link to an online dealer with a description: http://www.misterart.com/store/view.cfm?store=001&group_id=1640 " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.misterart.com/store/view.cfm?store=001&group_id=1640
 _GOTOTOP