_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Premi-Air G35 Airbrush
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 08:53 AM UTC
Hi there

Having read and heard so many encouraging reports about the G35, The Airbrush Company Ltd.'s own-brand budget airbrush, I couldn't resist buying one to test. It arrived this morning and I've just fired it up with some black LifeColor acrylic. This is the result literally straight out of the box, with no adjustment and the first time I've used it:

It's safe to say that I'm impressed!

The G35 performed beautifully for such a low-cost airbrush (£29.99 + vat) - it's nicely balanced with a smooth trigger, and offers fine control. I sprayed lines down to approximately 1mm wide with no problem at all. Importantly, I just felt comfortable with it straight away, and would be confident using it for the most demanding finishes such as mottling or Luftwaffe "mirror waves".

A full Review will follow soon.

All the best

Rowan
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 10:05 AM UTC
I'll look forward to the review!
I've been on the lookout for a relatively cheap top feed airbrush and this could be what I'm looking for.
Would I need an adaptor to fit a "Badger" size air hose? I imagine Everything Airbrush will have various bits and pieces ?
Nige
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 10:15 AM UTC
[quote]Would I need an adaptor to fit a "Badger" size air hose?... quote]

My faithful old Badger Crescendo (can you believe, I used to use it upside-down to make it gravity-feed - to mis-quote the old advert: "It's in the thumb action!" (that'll date me...)) is still packed away so I can't check but, from memory, yes - you'll need an adaptor. This is the same as an Iwata or Harder & Steenbeck.

All the best

Rowan
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 09:44 PM UTC
Yep, that's an Iwata-type connection on the G35 brush in the airbrushes.com page linked in the first post, you'lle need an adapter to fit into a Badger-type hose.
jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 11:32 PM UTC
This is very promising. I feel bad for buying what I now know is an Iwata copy.

This would be a good alternative to that. Assuming it is not a knock off itself.

Not to say the Iwata copy is not good. I even recommended it I was so pleased with it.

But having been on the receiving end of having a product (an mp3 player) copied and shipped by a Chinese firm that we used for manufacturing (eventually this cost us our jobs) I should have known better.

I feel for the folks having their designs pinched in this manner.
Unfortunately that is the way of world.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hi JP

Your personal story really sucks! I suffered similarly (albeit on a much smaller scale) with a chap I trusted to cast resin parts for me who kindly ran off copies and sold them under his own name.

As regards Premi-Air - I don't think you need worry. The Airbrush Company have a long history of making/marketing their own airbrushes and are a major UK vendor of Iwata equipment. They actually describe this aibrush thus:

"The Premi-Air G35 is much better quality than the cheap copies of Iwata airbrushes and other budget airbrushes, and is suitable for beginners to professionals for all applications. However, for the absolute best performance and control, please consider stepping up to an Iwata professional airbrush, starting with the Iwata Revolution series."

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP