_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
SH-60B help
bigwil90
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 12:43 PM UTC
Hi everyone ! I am going to build a SH-60B for my brother in the Navy . Now I did my research and contacted my resources (i.e. my brother in the Navy , SCORE ! ) . And all the research I have done, I noticed that all the B models have FLIR and a whole varity of toys . The one my brother worked with in his last deployment carried 4 hellfire missles , a .50cal on the door , and an external tank by the door. I can not find any updates on this subject . Also is there any good aftermarket decal companies for helos ? Any info would help thanks . O also I am building the subject in 1/48 scale . HAPPY MODELING !!!!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 01:45 PM UTC
First off, if it had hellfires and door guns, it was most likely either an MH-60S or an HH-60H. The SH-60B is an Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) helo and doesn't usually carry the weapons you mention. It is usually armed with anti-ship missiles and depth charges. However, the HH-60H and SH-60B are basically the same airframes with the different sensor and weapons capabilities, and different exhaust setups.

HH-60H w/FLIR and Hellfires

SH-60B

Standard MH-60S

MH-60S w/FLIR and ESSS wings for weapons

For a good HH-60H, there is the Italeri kit in 1/48. To superdetail it, Cobra Company has a few sets for it, including a weapons set and a super detail set.

Unfortunately, there is no kit of an MH-60S. It is very similar to an Army MH-60L though. You could Navalize an MH-60L model. Here is a thread on ARC about a guy thinking about convertin one as well.

You will most likely have to source the weapons from another kit though.

Good luck.

Edit
Looks like they started arming SH-60B's w/FLIR and Hellfires as well.

In that case, the Italeri SH-60B and Cobra Company's HH-60H weapons set would get you what you want.

Thatguy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 02:34 PM UTC
Just an FYI, the two aircraft used to test the FLIR/HELLFIRE integration by the US Navy were an SH-60B and an YSH-60F. The system has been fitted to the SH-60F and the MH-60R as well.
 _GOTOTOP