_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Tiffy Time
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 08:29 AM UTC
Well as some of you know I seriously went off building models around 8 months ago. However after two days at Telford I had a shopping spree (see what the postman brought) and spending the weekend with the Bulldogs (thanks for the inspiration and supports guys ) I decided to start building a model on Monday. It was started and finished in one day. It is a Hobby Boss 1/72 Hawker Typhoon. It was a great fun, quick build and it reminded me I do enjoy building models.

Me at 0930hrs

and this was at 5PM

I even did a little scratch building (instrument panel, seat harness and a new control stick) to "jazz" up the cockpit.

Finished:

Next victim.... err I mean patient please

Actually my next victim is the HobbyBoss 1/48 Hellcat which Im doing as a review for SAMI I do have several Ive got lined up to do after that though
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hey nice job Sam, I couldn't hope to build a model that quickly. I work in 1/72 scale and it still dosen't help! Ha ha. Are you going to put some yellow tips on those props? Just curious, you know how it is, there is always one in every crowd! Ha ha Russell
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 - 08:43 AM UTC
Nope Im keeping them black I thought I would keep them that way with it not being a competition build or review / feature build.
 _GOTOTOP