_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
have I told you people lately. . .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 02:53 PM UTC
You people are great !!!

I really enjoy being here. Model On!
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 03:02 PM UTC
This is a great site isn't it? It brings aircraft modelers from all over the world together to show what they have done and exchange ideas. I agree that Aeroscale is a great success! Russell
Dwaynewilly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 365 posts
AeroScale: 344 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:53 AM UTC
Stephen,

Right back at you big guy and to all, a great place to be.

Regards, Dwayne
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 02:06 AM UTC
One of the most friendliest , family atmosphere on the net today !
No other site comes close to this . Nice to be able to come on line and not have to read post on the nic-picking or negitive comments . We come on line to build and share while learning something in return .

I love Areoscale !
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One of the most friendliest , family atmosphere on the net today !
No other site comes close to this . Nice to be able to come on line and not have to read post on the nic-picking or negitive comments . We come on line to build and share while learning something in return .

I love Areoscale !

I copy that, this is a fun site
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I love Areoscale !

So do I!,,,,,,,,,,but .......................where is this place Areoscale that everyone loves so much??

Nige
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 05:12 AM UTC
Me toooooooooo
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 12:36 PM UTC
It's the only place my wife lets me go by myself. I love it here also.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 05:16 PM UTC
A year later and we're still going strong. A no troll zone!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 05:45 PM UTC
I've been a dedicated Aeroscaler for just on 18 months now and you'll get no argument from me, best site ever !!

I still haven't bought or built and early biplane in that time though, so you Early Aviation nuts aren't doing your job properly ! (troll, sry Steven)

Seriously, looking through those WNW Group Build Logs as I regularly do I am in absolute awe of the amount of skill on diplay. You guys are amazing. One day maybe, when I grow up . . . . . . . .
Kornbeef
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
AeroScale: 1,551 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 06:20 PM UTC
Gotta say, you guys have cost me a fortune....and given me so much fun, knowlege and made me push my own abilities to try things I never would have thought of or imagined.
I'ts really a joy to participate, share, learn and discuss all aspects of early aviation and more here. Sure we don't all see eye to eye but I like the fact you can without the ladiness and flaming you see elsewhere.

Even better is the fact you don't have to worry so mooch aboot yoor spolling mistooks ether.
NickZour
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
AeroScale: 1,241 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 09:01 PM UTC
Greetings from Greece!

I am so happy to be here
But you Ladies ( ) & Gentlemen of Early Aviation, because of YOU I started the summer of 2009 the Brisfit & finished it On May 2010

I have also learned a lot here..........

Cheers Nick
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 02:01 AM UTC
Greetings all:

Yes this is a great site! I too have learned a great deal, the tips, the help, the great step by step builds, the camaraderie is fantastic. I like the fact that there isn't the nit picking, model nazi megalomania that I find on some of the other sites, albeit that can be entertaining to a degree; but I digress. This is a great site, thanks to Stephen and everybody for participating and making it what it is.

Best

Mark
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 02:22 AM UTC
Group Hug !

Been on this site for some time now . In that time my skills have improved , and still improving as I try new methods and tips from the folks here who share this with their builds and experiences . The support and kindness from the staff is unsurpassed and not just the staff but the members as well .

It's nice to be able to come on line and not have the trolls and rivet counters . The staff work really hard on keeping the family atmosphere an enjoyable experience . A place that we can be proud to call home !

jaypee
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 1,384 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 02:26 AM UTC
I've been away. I've been Airfixing at Hyperscale. The airfix forum is friendly at Hyperscale, the rest of that site I steer clear from. But one day back on Aeroscale, I realise how much I've missed you folks!

-RLWP-
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You people are great !!!

I really enjoy being here. Model On!

2009!

Stephen, Aeroscale is like a garden where you can bring ideas and a bit of fun to show them and let them grow. And like any good garden, it has a good gardener

Thank you Stephen

Richard
ejasonk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 314 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:51 AM UTC
well..
for me internet changed modelling a lot.

today i`m more surfing on web researching,looking other guys working.that´s kind of almost more exciting than modelling itself

70% of fun is the big exchange in the community.
Greenonions
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 74 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:57 AM UTC
This forum is the neverending WW1 modelling magazine that i used to dream about as a kid,
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 07:02 AM UTC
Although I'm a relatively "Newbie" member and have only recently returned to the hobby Aeroscale has quickly become my main motivator, learning tool, and an incredible source of tips, info, and plain enjoyment. Per the earlier comment regarding gardens and gardeners, "hats off" to the Editorial Staff for setting the standards and maintaining a positive and informative atmosphere. As for the Membership I hope to come at least close to the talent and skills I see daily on this site...model on!!

Lance
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Although I'm a relatively "Newbie" member and have only recently returned to the hobby Aeroscale has quickly become my main motivator, learning tool, and an incredible source of tips, info, and plain enjoyment. Per the earlier comment regarding gardens and gardeners, "hats off" to the Editorial Staff for setting the standards and maintaining a positive and informative atmosphere. As for the Membership I hope to come at least close to the talent and skills I see daily on this site...model on!!

Lance

you said everything i wanted to say, great site , great people , great models

paul
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 05:52 AM UTC
I tell you I have seen websites and I have seen websites. This place beats the others hands down.
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 07:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I tell you I hve seen websites and I have seen websites. This place beats the others hands down.

I can not adequately express the benefits I have experienced since joining this site only a year ago. It would take years of working in isolation to come up with a fraction of the techniques, knowlege, and experience that everyone so generously shares. Reviewing the threads is now a very much looked forward to part of my daily routine; it provides help, motivation, and it enhances my enjoyment of the hobby to no end. For what it's worth, it's the prevailing attitude; regardless of the results, quality of work, or depth of knowlege all are treated with respect and encouragement.You folks are all great, I feel fortunate to have found this community.
Cheers and Thanks to All,
Lance

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 09:40 AM UTC
With out of doubt , Areoscale is the best modelling site out there ! We all look out for one another treating each member like family . The support is unreal !
I as well look forward to login in every day and seeing what is new , what folks are up too . The amount of info and help is endless , how we get along as a community you couldn't ask for better folks !

I very proud to be a member and a contruiber to the site .
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 09:55 AM UTC
Without you Stephen, Aeroscale and the Early Aviation forums would be a lot poorer. Your information, help and knowledge is without doubt one of the single biggest success of Aeroscale.
Members and staff alike keep this site the friendly place that I joined and got hooked on.
Thankyou everyone, and as Stephen says "Model on".
Andy
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 07:04 AM UTC
I appreciate that you all still allow me to take up space around here.
 _GOTOTOP