_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Copper State Models
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 - 04:19 PM UTC
Evidently this message was posted on Oct 31 2009. http://www.amug.org/~copperst/

"Due to a flood and a fire we will not be able to process any orders for 3-4 weeks(hopefully). We will be available by e-mail only. We are sorry for the delay and will be working to get back up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for your patronage and patience."
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 02:09 AM UTC
Sorry to hear about the mishap Eric and wish you the best of luck of getting her up and running again
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 05:39 AM UTC
I just talked to Eric Hight of CSM. Due to the previously mentioned series of events and the slow processing of an insurance company CSM won't be open for business until just before the 2nd quarter. The information was correct about the flood and fire. Though additionally Eric's mother is dealing with a terminal illness and Eric himself was until recently dealing with a serious illness. Life intervenes, sometimes harshly. Eric says to tell everyone he is doing better and promise the CSM will be open again.
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
AeroScale: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 05:50 AM UTC
Thanks for the update Stephen. I hope things turn around for him.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 04:58 PM UTC
Copper State Models owner Eric Hight is now quoted as saying at the recent IPMS Nationals, He was, ". . .selling his company and there are a few interested parties so his kits should be available. . ."
Greenonions
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 74 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 08:21 PM UTC
I recently ordered some kits from Eric and we had a long chat in which he said that he was hanging up his gloves and selling the business.He also mentioned one more kit coming out,a Salmson,the one with the engine side mounted on the fusalage.
lcarroll
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,032 posts
AeroScale: 1,025 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 06:45 AM UTC
Certainly hope Copper State continues in business despite Eric's decision to sell the company. I placed an order a few weeks ago and had an immediate reply from him confirming availability and shipping, so it appears business as usual for now......
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 - 12:42 PM UTC
Well its taken almost 2.5 years but it looks like CSM is back at least it looks like they are planting the flag from Olimp Models Herts, England.

http://www.copperstatemodels.com/
eseperic
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 624 posts
AeroScale: 609 posts
Posted: Friday, March 29, 2013 - 09:19 PM UTC
Wow!

What a great news! Thanks, Stephen!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 07:30 AM UTC
Is it just me, or is anyone else having difficulty with the images? I can't see the order or contact e-mail addresses given that they're inserted into the page as images.
ludwig113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
AeroScale: 1,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 08:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is it just me, or is anyone else having difficulty with the images? I can't see the order or contact e-mail addresses given that they're inserted into the page as images.

no, nothing seems to be working...
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 01:18 PM UTC
Some text I found on the internet,

Quoted Text

". . .We are working on completely new website that eventually supposed to be interactive. The website should be up and running at some point in September.

We are going to produce 1/48 WWI aircraft resin kits and eventually re-launch all CSM products as it used to be under Eric. Currently we sent most of master kits for the restoration and re-casting. It is a very long and painstaking process so the old CSM kits will be re-released within a time, one by one as soon as they are restored and ready for sales.

The Salmson S.M.1 is scheduled to be released together with Sopwith Camel and Sopwith Dolphin in September too. I cannot give you exact details yet because we still waiting for our subcontractors who supposed to supply us with the PE parts, decals and so on.
I shall inform you when all these preparations for the re-launch will be over so please bear with us a little bit longer.

Kind Regards,

Ilya Sobolev,
Export & Marketing
ARMORY Group
Copper State Models
OLIMP Models"

phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 09:53 AM UTC
Good to see them back. I need a set of Spandaus for that Revell 1/28 Fokker tri-plane in my stash. Have their etch for it, but need the crappy guns replacing.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 - 05:42 AM UTC
From Ilya Sobolev,

"Dear all,
As from today, 10th of August 2015 I am not the owner of the Copper State Models Ltd. It came to me as a complete surprise and made impossible for me to dedicate my time and efforts to CSM however I am moving on after I have handed over all legal documents regarding my part of the company's ownership to my former business partner Mr Vyacheslav Krylov who should be able to respond to all your enquiries on [email protected].

Due to legal reasons coming in to force with immediate effect I cannot deal and, frankly, will not deal with any issues concerning CSM Ltd. however it might be hard for me not to.
Thank you for 3 years, 10 months, 2 weeks and 6 days of an amazing experience since I consider CSM clients and WWI Aviation fans absolutely charming and absolutely fabulous bunch in any respect when it comes to the subject knowledge and hobby skills experience. The time I spent serving your orders, dealing with your enquiries and discussing your modelling issues as well as our CSM projects made me feel as if I know you all and every one of you personally. Thank you for making me feeling this way especially considering the fact I am absolute pillock when it comes to any "blind man" scales (my favourite scale was and is 1/72) in general and WWI aviation subjects in particular (well, may be apart from few things about flying boats and floatplanes of the era in question I think I know) smile emoticon. I have learnt tons from you guys! I have enjoyed every minute I spent with every one of you!!!

I do not have time to sulk around and I am moving on continue dealing with my ARMORY (http://armorymodels.com) and PROresin (http://www.olimpmodels.com) projects to which I have dedicated down the years (since 2002 I think) and enjoyed as much as the CSM.

This page will be removed from the FB on 10th of September 2015 leaving my presence in the FB on my non-scale modelling page only (the silly personal one that is) where I am depicted with a cigar and bottle of Budweiser dancing/posing in much younger years when I was capable of dancing/posing smile emoticon.

Take care ladies and gents and Happy Scale Modelling!!!! smilie emoticon here.
Sincerely yours,
ILYA SOBOLEV"

New owners here.
 _GOTOTOP